How-to: Interfacing Xlobby to the Ocelot

title says it all

How-to: Interfacing Xlobby to the Ocelot

Postby SteveK on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:29 pm

I've written a "dummies" guide which explains how to configure Xlobby and Girder so you can control X-10 devices with button presses in Xlobby (e.g. turn a light on/off).

Please feel free to leave comments, criticism, flames :shock:. I'm a newbie at using Xlobby and Girder, but figured I might as well take some notes while I was learning this stuff so others might benefit.

I hope to expand the document as I learn more of the capabilities of Girder and how it talks to the Ocelot. I'd like to do 2-way communications between Xlobby and the Ocelot so that Xlobby could display the status of lights and timers, but currently I only know how to send commands 1-way (Xlobby to the Ocelot). 2-way communications may require the use of an xAP plugin to Xlobby which I guess is in the works. In the meantime, Girder will have to do.

You can download the document at:
http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/kinkeads@pacbell.net
Click on the Shared folder and then "Xlobby_and_Ocelot.doc" to download the Word document. I hope to convert it to pdf soon.

Steve K
SteveK

Postby SteveK on Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:57 pm

One more note. This guide should help those of you using a Firecracker or similiar X-10 interface (instead of the Ocelot). There is a Girder plug-in for the Firecracker and the procedure for creating multigroups in Girder should be the same as I described for the Ocelot.
SteveK