default skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

default skin

Postby ferrari_man on Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:51 pm

hey

Does anyone know there I can get the default skin with the music prism layout ? I remember it was in some of the relaeses of xlobby beta, but I deleted them when the period ran out.

Hope someone has them still...
ferrari_man

Re: default skin

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:47 am

Not sure how much this will help but check out my help pages and see if there is a skin there that you can use.

Good Luck!!!
sharp_1

Postby ferrari_man on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Hey

I have already used your site a lot. (thanks for making this great site... big help) but I coundn't find a skin where they use prisme layout. I wanted intergred it in my own skin, so some help how to do it would be enough.

Its this way I want it to look like:

http://www.xlobby.com/images/screenshot ... Layout.jpg

sharp_1 wrote:Not sure how much this will help but check out my help pages and see if there is a skin there that you can use.

Good Luck!!!
ferrari_man

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:41 pm

There's a tutorial from Buddabing (visuals most likely gone though) that explains how to do this. If I or anyone else can find it, well post the link.

*EDIT*
Now thinking more about it, I'm almost certain he did an example in a post in the old "Annoucement" forum about how it is done prior to the changes to the current forum...where Steven has started a new Announcement section. If that is the case, and I'm hoping I'm incorrect, then, maybe Steven or Wes can resurrect that post. It was pretty informative and well worth keeping.
Marbles_00

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:57 pm

Here you go...I was able to dig up the old music_category.zip that Baddabing created when the DISPLAY FOLDER IN CATEGORY feature was created by Steven. Just follow the directions below from Baddabings thread and you will have the music prism layout your looking for...I hope!!

If you have not yet figured out how to use the new DISPLAY FOLDER IN CATEGORY function that StevenHanna mentions in this post: http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611 then here are the files to help you build this screen:

1] Download the zip file and extract to a temporary directory.

2] There are three subdirectories in the zip file: BUTTONS, EVENTGROUPS and SCREENS

3] Copy the files in the BUTTONS directory into the BUTTONS directory of your skin

4] Copy the file in the EVENT GROUPS directory into the EVENT GROUPS directory of your skin

5] Copy the files in the SCREENS directory into your skin directory

6] Start Xlobby

7] Go to your MUSIC screen (or which ever screen you want the button on)

8] Add a button that says "Music Category" (or what-ever you want it to say)

9] Assign the following event to the button -> category:goto music_category

Done

This example file should be enough for the advanced skinners to figure out how it works. If you know how to work with categories in XL then you will see that this is really pretty simple. This screen has some basic functions, you can easily add any event that works with categories (i.e filter, search, etc.) to this screen.

Enjoy. :wink:

-Baddabing

Download: music_category.zip

EDIT: Marbles_00, looks like we were both working on this at same time. I posted a link to the music_category.zip on the original download post from Baddabing.
sharp_1

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Awesome Sharp. Good to see that thread was captured, and you got the .zip file.
Marbles_00

Postby ferrari_man on Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Cool... thanks very much... I just tried it quickly and it just works.... cool... now I can get on with my skin...
ferrari_man

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Great to hear!!
sharp_1

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:37 pm

If that skin is going into ferrari... remember to release it when ready... who knows mayby with slight modding i could use it for P3rvette too or atleast salvage some ideas for in-super-car use 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar