coverart path for new database

Help each other out

coverart path for new database

Postby Jarrod on Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:33 am

I'm making a new database for Music Videos for my setup and was wondering if there is any way to configure how coverart is chosen for the media.

Ive got my directory structure like this:

Music Videos (root dir)
> artist - song (live location).avi, mpg, etc
> artist - song (live location).jpg (thumbnail of video)

So the files and coverart are all in one folder. Live location is only for live videos (my MetaMasks work perfectly for detecting which videos are live).

I dont want to have to create a seperate folder for each video as its just a waste of time, so is there any way to make the coverart show correctly for each item?
Jarrod

bump

Postby Jarrod on Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:13 am

anybody? Steven??
Jarrod

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:13 pm

thats the way it should work right now. As long as the video filename matches the cover art file name like.

artist - song (live location).avi
artist - song (live location).jpg

What is it doing right now?
stevenhanna6

Postby Jarrod on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:49 am

whoops :) my fault!

all my thumbnails had "1" appended to the filenames from the video thumnail maker program that I used. grrrr

thanks!
Jarrod

Postby Jarrod on Sat Apr 24, 2004 3:18 am

It's almost working, but I'm having some troubles.

The first page and a half of music videos are loading perfectly, but the rest of the pages all have the same cover art, even tho there are image files for each of the videos.

Here is an image showing the file and directory structure I'm using to import from:

Here is an image of the import info im using in xlobby:

Here is the result after the import when editing the database:

And finally, here is the preview of what happens in the display of the music videos:

Here you can see whats happening, every video after "Korn - One" is using the "Korn - One" cover art. Every video on every page after the one above shows the same cover art. No, the images are not all the same with just different names (ive already checked that!) And I also tried taking out korn and a few of the music videos before and after it from the import folder, so that they dont get imported at all, but the same thing happens at the same location. This leads be to believe its something to do with Xlobby not importing correctly.

Also, as you can see in the "edit database" view, the "display" parameter always comes up empty. How do I make this field get filled with info when I import?

BTW, Im using Xlobby2 Alpha 40.1
Jarrod

bump

Postby Jarrod on Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:20 am

anyone?
Jarrod

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:39 pm

jarrod and you zip up all your jpg from that folder and email them to me so I can something to work with.

mailto:steve@xlobby.com
stevenhanna6