XNET across different Users?

Help each other out

XNET across different Users?

Postby muzz on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:34 pm

I've got TVedia running on the main user on my Mediaserver, connected up to displays throughout the house. I've then got a Viewsonic Airpanel connected into the same PC as a second user (using the multi-user XP hack) running XLobby

I have figured out a way to run two versions of XLobby at the same time on each user, one on my wireless touchpanel, one of the VGA outs of my Mediaserver connected to an ELO touchpanel

The problem is that when I make the main user a XNET server, and the second user connects in, it connects fine but then shows nothing in the "Who's on the network" section.

So I can't make the second version control the first version's Winamp, I am doing something wrong?
muzz

Re: XNET across different Users?

Postby vicom on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:42 pm

i don't think it would work. They are on the same machine with the same IP and port....
vicom

Postby muzz on Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:18 pm

..and to my second question then :)

Would it be possible to allow them both to use the same version of winamp? They launch two seperate copies
muzz

Postby scottw on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:48 am

Can you just use the Thin Client on one of the users, instead of another copy? I know you can run the thin client on the same pc as the full install, I am doing it :D

Does that help or am I misunderstanding what you need???
scottw

Postby muzz on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:41 am

I've tried the thin client but the performance is rubbish, there is a half-second delay when pressing buttons, even my wireless Airpanel on Remote Desktop performs better

Has anyone else found this or is this a fault?
muzz

Postby muzz on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Got it working!!

My machine name is Mediaserver. All I did was make one user / instance of Xlobby start up with the exe called "Xlobby2.exe" and set it as an XNet server as "XNet 1" and the the second user / instance renamed to "Xlobby2.exe" and set it to connect into the first one and name it "Mediaserver"

Also because all my RS232 and control are going via Xap to Homeseer, both instances work perfectly!
muzz

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Im again out of curiosity trying to run multiple instances of (full fledged) xlobby on same machine... but im having same problem as in past: each instance tries to open a server socket on port 8001 and latter copy hangs.

I tried with couple older builds from sharp's site, but had no luck with them... i could not recover the mythical 18th oct copy which works spawned according to other thread.

This multiuser XPloit strategy sounds promising... could u perhaps explain it or link me to it?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Hey, anybody knows a way admin can force a socket free? cause i was thinking that in best scenario this would just cause the 8001 listening thread die off gracefully and leave first instance running... then u could just fire up the second one... would be worth of trying...

EDIT: just to be a bit more precise, i ofcourse meant to forcefully free up the port, not the socket. BTW anybody has any idea why we have listening TCP-server at 8001, cause XNET server opens up 8000 and webXserver 8002, what is the function on 8001?
P3rv3rt B3ar