Questions for Steven and or Wes

Speak your mind

Questions for Steven and or Wes

Postby XLRETARD on Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:05 pm

sorry if these questions have been asked before.

will the comercial release of xlobby be basicaly a "plug and play" program?

like upon installation will it ask you to search your drives for media, pictures etc?

also will there be lighting control "x10"?

right now i'm using the older version of xlobby just for lighting control because trying to wrap my head around all of the configuration of the media stuff is alittle overwhelming.

i would definatly pay $xxx.xx for a well layed out and hastle free automation program. just my .02.

thanks
brett
XLRETARD

Postby wesblack on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Bret,

The new release scheduled for next week has many new features and also a program setup menu integrated into the program, here are a few screen shots.

Wes Black \ Calrad
8)
wesblack

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:24 pm

I like it being up front! Now people won't have to dig and it will "work out of the box". Very nice
cmhardwick

Postby XLRETARD on Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:16 pm

THANKS WES

and the lighting control? will it be the same set up as the previous "free" version of xlobby?
XLRETARD

Postby wesblack on Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Bret,

The lighting interface will be completly different. It will support many manufactures because of the new controlled RS232, USB interface tools.

Support for:

1. X10
2. Insteon
3. Lutron
4. UPB
And others

Wes Black \ Calrad
8)
wesblack

Postby samgreco on Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Whoo-Hooo! UPB!

Finally some news that I can use :)

Now was that so hard ? :D

I was just about to spend money on Homeseer, which is one of the reasons I kept asking questions. Will the lighting control include true automation? Like sunrise, sunset timers, scenes, interfaces/plugins for Elk, HAI, etc?
samgreco

Postby smarty on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:02 pm

Working out of the box will be nice.... :D

As mentioned in another post, it would be great if the EPG could also be set up upfront, so the proper XMLTV file would be available for the EPG (and also periodically update to stay current).

Looking forward to testing out the next version.... 8)
smarty

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:02 pm

:shock:

I thought i wouldnt see a day when xlobbyist comments "working out of box" as "nice"... man u need to harden your core :wink:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:08 am

as is is fine for us, but no one else will use it unless its simplified a lot! :)
S Pittaway

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu May 03, 2007 2:29 am

Will the lighting control include true automation? Like sunrise, sunset timers, scenes, interfaces/plugins for Elk, HAI, etc?

we are planning to have a sort of calendar thing where you can trigger certain events on certain days....or like you say at certain times.

Wes has talked to me about "scenes" so I know we will be doing that, since a lot of people use those. Plugins and interfaces to other products, I'm sure once we get to that stage we will be supporting as much as we can.
stevenhanna6

Postby samgreco on Thu May 03, 2007 2:56 am

Thanks for the response Steven. Hope all is going well.
samgreco

Postby lar282 on Thu May 03, 2007 6:34 am

Questions:
* Will the European Usb X10(CM11) work?
* Will the setup have a question regarding what dvd drive one have and all the events change accordingly? (then I don't have to go home to my friends and edit all the events?) Or maybe a variable for dvd rom?
* Same as above but for deamoon tools drive letter?

Another question. A while back u kind of implied that u wanted help from the community regarding plugins and stuff. I didn't follow the entire thread, but I just wanted to say that if u want any of plugin sources just let me know.

regards

//Lasse
Last edited by lar282 on Fri May 04, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lar282

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu May 03, 2007 2:57 pm

Will the European Uusb X10 work?

There are a lot of system I'm not personally familiar with, but its just a matter of adding support for these devices when the time comes.

Will the setup have a question regarding what dvd drive one have and all the events change accordingly? (then I don't have to go home to my friend and edit all the events?) Or maybe a variable for dvd rom?

In the next pre-release specifically there is no option to set a dvd drive letter, but you have the idea right. We want to make things easier, so if adding options like that to setup will make xlobby more user friendly we will do it for sure.

Another question. A while back u kind of implied that u wanted help from the community regarding plugins and stuff. I didn't follow the entire thread, but I just wanted to say that if u want any of plugin sources just let me know.

I think your referring to the new plugin/skin upload area I am designing, I thought I would have had it done by now but I haven't even started coding it. Other things have just taken priority for the time being.
stevenhanna6

Postby lar282 on Fri May 04, 2007 10:36 am

Regarding the X10, I ment the CM11
http://www.intellihome.be/english/productview.asp?id=21

it works perfectly with the XaP plugin, but it's always nice to get out of the box functionality.

regards

//Lasse
lar282