Added Xant and now movies won't play

Speak your mind

Added Xant and now movies won't play

Postby Jimw on Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:55 pm

I recently added the Xant pluggins and now movies won't play. All the new additional information shows, like the dvd cover and information. I use theatertek and it worked before I added this. Also, I'd like to use my desktop as a media server and my laptop to play the movies, is there a way to sink the Ant movie information so I can access the movies on my laptop but have them stored elsewhere? Does that make sense? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jimw

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:48 am

Not sure why you would not be able to play movies no that your using XAnt. But concerning your server, laptop issue. If I recall, the URL field in ANT is used to fill the parameter field in the Xlobby database. This field should define the location of your DVD files. If the movie is offline or online, you can use the Borrower field. To check the movie database Offline button set it to true, then define that field in the Xant template. See this post for more details.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby Jimw on Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 am

When I click on a movie and press play, it loads the OMP software and that's it. I tried to have it directly load TT, it would load the program but not play the movie. Almost as if the dvd program isn't finding the video_ts.inf file.
Jimw

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:13 am

What does your file types section of Setup indicate. Press F2/Setup and select File Types. List all the software there and their associated extensions. Also check the command line switches and what may have associated with the Start Event
Marbles_00

Postby dgemily on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:36 am

Marbles_00 wrote:What does your file types section of Setup indicate. Press F2/Setup and select File Types. List all the software there and their associated extensions. Also check the command line switches and what may have associated with the Start Event

yeah, or assign an event os:execute file pointing to your player and in argument put "%movies>parameter%" + other commands lines that you want to use...

and to share your database , use unc path....
dgemily

Postby scottw on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 pm

dgemily wrote:
Marbles_00 wrote:What does your file types section of Setup indicate. Press F2/Setup and select File Types. List all the software there and their associated extensions. Also check the command line switches and what may have associated with the Start Event

yeah, or assign an event os:execute file pointing to your player and in argument put "%movies>parameter%" + other commands lines that you want to use...

and to share your database , use unc path....

This is how I use Xant with Zoom. I have never messed with the "File Types".
scottw

Postby dgemily on Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:40 pm

scottw wrote:

This is how I use Xant with Zoom. I have never messed with the "File Types".

yep, all the french team use this like that ( command os:execute file)
I don't use "file types" section at all.... and for any part....
dgemily

Postby Jimw on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks for the responses, adding the argument in worked. Now to share the ant movie db, you said to use the url. Do you mean, I set the laptop up the same way as the server, but in Ant on the laptop I use a mapped drive as the path in the URL? If so, I'll still have to add the videos in Ant twice. I was just wondering if it is possible to replicate the movie catalogue.
Jimw

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:50 pm

No, if your server is running XLobby, use Xnet and set it up to act as the server. Use the Laptop and set it up as a fat client. Xant and AMC only needs to be on the server, and all locations for DVD movies are setup as network shares. Then when the fat client starts on the laptop, all databases from the server are transfered to the client.
Marbles_00

Postby Jimw on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:25 am

What do you mean by set it up as a fat client? Do you mean use Xnet to connect to the server? I've tried that, but I can't get it to work. I have the laptop set up to open TT, but nothing plays, and the Ant db isn't populating the dvd covers either.
Jimw

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:51 am

I've tried that, but I can't get it to work

What do you mean? Do you get an error on the server saying that it failed in server mode? Your databases don't get copied over? Give us more details as to what you have tried.

and the Ant db isn't populating the dvd covers either

Is this when trying in fat client mode, or is this the way it is? Do you ever see dvd covers?
Marbles_00

Postby Jimw on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:54 pm

It says connected. The Movie db transfers over, but it doesn't show any of the covers. When I edit the movie xml file, all the covers are showing on the c drive, which is on the server.
Jimw

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:33 pm

You have to set up network shares and set all database location as UNC paths not as direct locations on the server. Here is a post on UNC paths. Though it is for music, the same idea can be used for all databases.

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... hlight=unc

What this means, in AMC you could try and select the location of your coverart by going through a network share to the location of the coverart. This way that info should be capture in the database, and when it is copied over to the fat client, you should be able to see your coverart then.

So if looking at the database in XLobby/Setup. Where it say Coverart: and then in the window show the location of the coverart. Instead of C:... you will want to see \\"Computer"\location, where "Computer" is the network name of your server and location...well you get the idea.

Hope this helps.

*EDIT*
Actually what may work is if you go to the XAnt.ini file, and there enter the UNC network paths to the locations of the images. That may work as well, though I haven't tested it that way before.
Marbles_00