Buttons and keyboard

Help each other out

Buttons and keyboard

Postby noviceboy on Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:49 pm

Does anyone know what determines which button is the next button to be active( after say left/right key press) when a buttons are at various X,Y locations on the screen. So far I havent been able to figure it out :?
noviceboy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:02 pm

its based on distance from the other button(do not put buttons on top of each other....then the distance is 0)....but I plan on adding a manual override so you can define how it jumps in the future.
stevenhanna6

Postby noviceboy on Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:52 pm

Suggestion: You have a list of buttons on a screen in a list in the skin editor ?
All that would be needed ( easy for me to say, ) is for user to be able to number them (or actually I thought the order in the list determined this ) This then determines the jump order.

A real help for RC controlled screens.
noviceboy

Postby Twit on Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:24 pm

Noviceboy,

Remember the distance from one button to the next is the whole button and not just what you see. i.e When you highlight the button in the skin editor it shows you the whole button - including and transparent background.

Hope this helps.

LAter
Simon.
Twit

Postby noviceboy on Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:49 am

including and transparent background

Simon thanks.

Closest means what, straight line?. or first X axis, then it looks at buttons at differents Y axis ( i.e above /below) and repeats the process. Looks like this is what it is doing.
noviceboy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:57 am

no its not a straight line....I dont want to get into the algorithm that does it because its rather complex...just play with your button positions...thats the best I can do.

actually I thought the order in the list determined this

nope order of the list determins how they are displayed.
stevenhanna6