Heavy Metal X for Sage TV

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby MFan on Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:59 am

berniejr,

Regarding the first of your 2 emails, I had designed this for a remote control, where the up, down, left and right keys would allow you to scroll through the guide. I did not think of a convenient way to jump to another button on the screen, outside of the guide area. So, I put a button on the left mouse-click pop-up that will allow you to go to the main screen. This assumes that the remote you have is configured for a left mouse-click. Of course, as you noted, the Home key works as well.

Regarding the not going to sleep from the full screen, I have not had that problem. I will check a little more and get back if I find something.
MFan

2 more questions

Postby berniejr on Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:55 pm

I've been sucessfully playing with this skin using the 4.0 trial version of SageTV. Will/Should this skin work on version 2.2 of SageTV ? I've been playing with it and limited success. Secondly, should I be able to use this skin on SageTV Client? I've tried both with limited success( It loads and the skins show accordingly), however many of the buttons provide no functionality, so I'm not sure if it's the version that I'm using or the fact that it wasn't meant to be used on a SageTV client. The reason that I'm asking these questions is because the answer will determine how I setup my system. Basically I will have a dedicated server (storage only) that serves at least 3 HTPC's. Now I would love to be able to install my PVR-150 card into the server and load Sage TV Server on it, and then from each HTPC client be able to run the client software using your skin , thus giving me the ability to schedule from any HTPC. Only 1 of the HTPC's needs the ability to watch live TV, and that's in the basment. If this isn't possible, the it means I would simply install the PVR-150 into the basement HTPC, and it would be the only HTPC that could handle PVR functions. In fact if I go with this setup I might just use the WinTV2000 software that comes bundled with the card, as it gives me a clearer picture and takes less resources to run. I hope all of this makes sense, and thanks for your help thus far.
berniejr

Postby MFan on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:55 am

berniejr,

The Studio manual says that Studio operates on both SageTV and Sage Client. I do not have a Sage Client, so I do not know what the functionality of it is and if the SageTV STV is trying to do something on the client that is not quite right. On the question of version 2.2, I looked through the Sage forum and looks like people are using custom STV's with 2.2.

BTW - I had 2.0 and was able to load the 4.0 version on top of it without requiring a license change. Maybe I did something I should not have, but Sage seems pretty generous with free upgrades. Curiously, when I look at file properties in Explorer, it says I have version 2.0 of Sage, but Studio obviously opens for me.

MFan
MFan

Previous