DVD Bookmarks

Got an idea, post it here

DVD Bookmarks

Postby Gaff on Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:56 pm

First off, I'd like to say the product is looking great.

One of the things that has never been done quite right (except by Kaleidescape) is DVD bookmarks.

I would love to see the following features (in order of importance):
  • Ability to add (and delete) a bookmark for an online DVD (.vob) during playback (needs to be hotkeyable).
  • Hotkey navigation to go to previous and next bookmarks for the currently playing DVD.
  • Ability to easily access these bookmarks from with in the DVD player.
  • Ability to easily organize, manage and rename these bookmarks into folders and playlists (like Itunes). For example, I could then have a playlist named Car Chases and have bookmarks that instantly go to the car chase scenes in Bullitt and Ronin. It would also be great for creating a Demo playlist to show off your home theater.
  • Ability to still use an external player like TheaterTek when choosing a bookmark from the bookmark manager.

If I were a programmer, I'd already be working on this plugin :?

Thanks,
Gaff
Gaff

Postby Colby on Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:04 pm

I must totally agree. Ive always wanted a playlist of bookmarked files. Some for watching my favorite parts, some for repeating scenes, and also I would like to bookmark my homevideos so I can get right to the point for people.
Colby