xMusic - some extra music stuff

Xlobby plugin development

Postby charli181 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:02 am

No joy what so ever.
xMusic.Dummy.xml is in the default skins dir and also the current skin I am using

the xmusic log file under c:\ shows this line only

7:54:28 PM:673 StrToBool, true = True

the dummy page show playing=false,found=false,autoupdate=true,lastsong="

does the set rating only work when the song is playing?

I have run the databse.extra fields command and the music.xml has the extra fields...
charli181

Milkdrop Visualization

Postby scobob on Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:47 am

I followed your directions and for whatever reason the milkdrop visual will not stay on top. It will start and stop milkdrop but it flashes and then goes behind xLobby, actually all of Winamp flashes. I even downgraded Winamp to 5.08. Any ideas?

Thanks
scobob

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:14 am

charli181, yes setrating only works on the current playing track. if you want to add them to other database entries (tracks/albums/dvds etc) you co do it using the normal catergory commands in the event manager.

scobob, when it goes behind xlobby, if you bring it back to the front has the title and frame been removed?

Did you start milkdrop using music:vis toggle or did you call xmusic:milkdrop.start ?

xmusic:milkdrop.start will start milkdrop, position it, take off the frame and make it the topmost window.

If you want to use the xlobby toggle command you will need to call xmusic:milkdrop.auto.reposition:TRUE, then it will look for milkdrop starting and auto position it.

Just in case, heres a snipit from one of my screens, the screen name is music.playing.milkdrop and heres a bit of the xml that is in the skin file -

Code: Select all
  <eventbutton>
    <imagename>normalrectangle</imagename>
    <location>100,100,500,200</location>
    <id>xmusic.milkdrop.[b]music.playing.milkdrop[/b]</id>
    <navitem>False</navitem>
    <backgroundcolor>#000000</backgroundcolor>
    <backgroundoutlinecolor>#96ACACAC</backgroundoutlinecolor>
    <backgroundoutlinesize>1</backgroundoutlinesize>
    <keepaspectratio>False</keepaspectratio>
  </eventbutton>

You would have to change the screen name to be the one of your skin...

This draws a rectangle on the screen (a frame for milkdrop) and then positions milkfrop directly on top of it. I start milkdrop via the plugin, so i do not have milkdrop.auto.reposition enabled.

You can add lots of extras to this - i have it set so milkdrop is auto shown whenever one of a list of screens is entered, if it goes to another milkdrop screen it is simple repositioned, if it goes to a normal screen it is turned off, you dont have to call start/stop etc.

i would love to know what the future has in store for plugins/xlobby before adding anything extra (its why nothing has happend on the multizone side).

Sean.
S Pittaway

still no go

Postby scobob on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:17 am

Thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Unfortunately I have tried all the methods you have listed. I even added you code snippet to my skin for screen name (minus the BBCODE in your example). The visual does popup with the frame and title, goes behind, pops up again and then goes behind and stays there. I've also tried this on the default skin. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong.

On a side note... is there a way to start winamp silently or minimized? I think it's a little distracting for the winamp interface to come to the front when initializing xLobby.

Thanks again
scobob

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 pm

I just have to check, you have selected milkdrop has the vis plugin in winamp and you are not using one of the ofthers? :)

I have "tested" it with milkdrop 1.04b, 1.04b (jammies tweaked version) and 1.05 beta 5 and i dont have any probs.

If you bring up the milkdrop plugin options, make sure that "intergrate with winamp" is NOT checked (windowed settings).

To hide it, i do this -

1) start winamp

2) on the task bar, right click on the winamp winamp 5.3x app

3) select winamp on the popup

4) click on "main window' to untick it

5) on the task bar, right click on the winamp winamp 5.3x app

6) select close

The next time you open winamp you wont see the player.

You can also do it via the settings (start winamp hidden, but that breaks this plugin, i cant easily find the winamp window handle).
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:02 pm

Its lunchtime so i have had a quick look....

I dont use the auto positioning stuff, i always start/stop milkdrop via this plugin, i just added incase anyone would find it usefull :)

I just got it to do what you said.

Then went back and re-read my instructions on page 1 and it does work if you actually follow what i said (i wasent doing! :))

milkdrop.auto.reposition:TRUE/FALSE
If enabled, this does the same kind of thing as xmovewindow - whenever a screen is entered or milkdrop is started it will strip the border/title from milkdrop and automatically position miilkdrop at the control with an id of "xmusic.milkdrop.screen_name", where screen_name is the name of the screen the control is on.
If you want it to look for milkdrop starting and position the control as needed you need a textbox with a value of "plugin>xmusic>milkdrop.auto.position".

If you set milkdrop.auto.reposition=TRUE AND set the rectangles text (you can set the text to be the same color as the background) to be "plugin>xmusic>milkdrop.auto.position" it works :)

At least it does for me anyway!

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:11 pm

If milkdrop.auto.reposition=TRUE, the plugin looks for screen changes, whenever one occures it will move milkdrop to the correct position.

When the text is set to "plugin>xmusic>milkdrop.auto.position" xlobby calls the plugin and then it checks to see if milkdrop needs moving...

There is a subtle differance between the two.

I have milkdrop on lots of differant places on my music screens and having the move happen when the screen changes looks a lot nicer than waiting for it to happen automatically.

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby Teuf on Wed May 02, 2007 11:55 am

Hi Sean ,

It's a wonderfull plugin that you wrote there !

I've a question, not directly on your plugin but link to it .

I want to make a Top 50 song chart on my skin .
I've a music directory organised like artist/album/track.mp3, and the category is using directories to organise MP3 .
So when I'm entering in the music section, i've a first screen displaying artists with an image, when clicking on the artist you can see all his/her/their albums , and clicking on a album, the tracklist .

I've installed your plugin and the music count works perfectly .

My problem is when i want to display the top50 of the most played track .
I've a screen with category music sorted with played.count, but it displayed the artist level and i want the track level to display .

I want to make a list of the last 10 songs played and i think i'll have the same issue .

Does anyone has an idea to combine this plugin and sort order to display tracks ?

sorry for my poor english ...

thank in advance

Teuf
Teuf

Postby scottw on Wed May 02, 2007 12:25 pm

I too would like to know if anyone has this working, I could figure out a way :(
scottw

Postby S Pittaway on Wed May 02, 2007 2:57 pm

your english is fine.

i dont know if you can get a category to show tracks directly, you might be able to do it via a filter??

it might be worth adding a more general post to see if colby et-al have an answer.
S Pittaway

Postby Teuf on Wed May 02, 2007 3:07 pm

Thanks for your quick response... I'll try with a filter ...
or perhaps with a playlist where i can put all songs ?

In any case , i'll follow your advice and post a more general topic .

Teuf
Teuf

Re: xMusic - some extra music stuff

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi Sean,

I have a quick question for you, I have answered most of my own :lol:

I cannot get the "database.add shuffle" command to work. I run the "database.add extra fields" and i get the extra fields filled in and it does produce a random number for "shuffle.pos" but if I run "database.add shuffle" (with no variables) after I have changed ratings and whatnot it does not do anything. If I run "database.add extra fields" again it does change the shuffle.pos" number.

Am I doing something wrong???

Would there be any bad consequences to running the "database.add extra fields" each time I wanted to change the shuffle order???

By the way I tried this plugin months ago and was impressed then but after trying some of the other features...this is great, I LOVE IT!!!!

Good job and thanks,
scottw

Postby scottw on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:11 pm

Sorry but one other thing...is it possible to display the contents of these new fields???

I want to setup a text box that will show the current stars for the current playing song or when it was last played.

Thanks,
scottw

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 am

they are just stored in the db so %musuc>rating% should be enuff.

** edit ** well maybe %music>rating% :)
S Pittaway

Postby scottw on Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks,

%music>stars% did not work for me. Using %music>whatever% would only work for tags set on the album level not the individual tracks level, unless I had something setup wrong. I was able to use %playlist>stars% and they showed up fine.

What I am trying to do is show the stars for the current playing track. So on my playlist screen whichever song is currently playing you can see the stars for that song and change them. I can get the stars to show up for each song but only when I manually click on each song. If the track changes by itself I still see the stars from the last song I clicked on.

Any idesa????
scottw

PreviousNext