total noob here

Help each other out

total noob here

Postby CaM on Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:21 am

hi there all, this is my first post here so please be easy on me :-)

could someone please point me to a forum thread or some other form of doucmentation so i can learn how to use this program. i.e. I know only about F2 so far :)

thanks

CaM
CaM

Postby Arthur on Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:36 pm

Auw, you just touched our weak spot. There is no documentation. So nobody knows the minimum requirements nor is there a guide how to set it up. :(
However, for some reason, everyone has set up a system. How was this done? Well, it's just so easy.

First make sure xlobby is installed on your computer (including the .net software)
Now start the program. To change the look and feel of the program, there are 2 possibilities:
- download an other skin (at this moment only jowaldo's skin is available, as far as I know ( http://members.cox.net/jowaldo/jowaldobeta1.zip )) For previes, see skin section on forum.
- modify a skin. Main buttons to do this are the F2 key and the "pause"button.

Don't be scared, best way is just to start. If something isn't working, just ask

Arthur
Arthur

thanks for your reply

Postby CaM on Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:56 pm

hi there, right now that I know the pause key exists it will be eaiser I think :-)

I am using version xlobby2pre5.zip and I seem to have problems loading up skins. I am trying to use the Jowaldobeta skin, bur while I can select it - when I restart Xlobby I get nothing but a blank screen.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks for your time.

CaM
CaM

Postby AirPost on Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:02 pm

CaM

I assume you extracted Jowaldo's skin in the right location (skins sub-directory) since you can select it. If so, after restarting Xlobby and on the blank screen, go to the Skin Editor (Pause) and select the Goto Screen tab and below select the first screen option which should be the Main screen. The Main screen should show up and if it does, make sure that you select or tick the box that says "make start screen" or something like that (i'm at work and can't check it right now). This will make the Main menu screen the startup screen everytime you start Xlobby. If that does not fix it, let us know so we can troubleshoot some more.
AirPost

that still doesn't work

Postby CaM on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:17 pm

hi there, when I press the pause button with the new skin loaded (i.e. blank window but I am able to bring up the f2 window) it forces the shut down of xlobby.

thanks

CaM
CaM

Postby Colby on Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:00 pm

check out the chat room, there are usually some pretty knowlegable folks online that will walk you through everything.
Colby

chat doesnt seem to work for me

Postby CaM on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:26 pm

the chat progam doesnt seem to work for me - I get an x like there is no picture :(
CaM

Postby ThE ScReW on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:55 pm

you need to have java i think, download and install it dude

http://java.sun.com/webapps/getjava/Bro ... ava.com:80
ThE ScReW

thanks

Postby CaM on Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:03 pm

:lol:
CaM

Postby Hiller on Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:06 am

CalM,

I just ran into the same problem today even though it was working fine when we were going through it the other day. I found that if I start XLobby directly from the folder I unzipped it in, it works fine. But if I run it from a link I put into my start menu I get that black screen. Don't know if it's the same for you but that's the only thing I have found.

Steve
Hiller