Shoutcast Radio to Xml

title says it all

Shoutcast Radio to Xml

Postby dgemily on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:23 pm

*first you need ShoutcastPlsDownloader, this application can download and create a folder with all links ".pls" that you want; you can specify your preferences (birate,genre, number...)

download and documentation: http://mp3imagetagextr.sourceforge.net/ShoutcastPlsDownloader/index.html.

* When your .pls are downloaded, you need to build a database for Xlobby: Mjolnir has written a Script that it can do it for you :lol:

the script :Shoutcast_to_Xml.vbs

download and edit the script :
modify those 2 lines :
Code: Select all
Shoutcast_XML_File    = "C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\databases\shoutcast.xml"
Shoutcast_Pls_Files    = "C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\applications\Shoutcastradio"

in the first line, indicate the name and the root to your database that you want.
in the second line, indicate the folder where your .pls are.

execute the script , that's all. You don't need to assign the category to an event, xlobby will interpret the pls like an audio track :wink:

to display the information about what it's now playing, use those variables:
audioplayer>now>%trackname%
audioplayer>now>%artist%

(those variables will display the information indicated in the database, not the information recovered by the audioplayer... :cry: )

you can download my shoutcast database, where there are 420 pls links (birate minimun= 64):databaseShoutcast.zip

Later,

Dge
Last edited by dgemily on Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgemily

Postby antipasto on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:49 pm

Rock! This is *great* ... with my XSL plugin ( http://writtorrent.sf.net ) you may be able to provide an automatic download of the list to people's machines.
antipasto

Postby dgemily on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:01 pm

Yes, it should be interesting, but I'm not sure, how to use your plugin...

Later,
dgemily

Postby Ton_loc on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:33 am

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the support section, but I'll try here first. I'm having some trouble with the ShoutcastPlsDownloader. I'm using it with WinXP, and I have Java SDK 1.4.2_08 installed. When I try to run PlsDownloader.cmd I get an error telling me that it doesn't understand any of my passed-in parmeters, -DownloadDirectory or -MinimumBitRate, for example. Specifically, it says that they are "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program of batch file".

It does look like the program is getting loaded, however, because it always tells me what the PlsDownloader valid usages are. Of course, when I invoke things with the valid parameters, it tells me they're not valid :(

Can someone help me get this working? I haven't written any Java stuff before, so I'm pretty ignorant as to how things should work. Do I need to place the PlsDownloader files in a specific place, like the same directory as the Java SDK?

The non-comments part of my PlsDownloader.cmd looks like this (the continued and end-of-line stuff is listed because the lines were wrapping):

-DownloadDirectory C:\Shoutcast
-MinimumBitRate 64
set jars=lib\commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2.jar;lib\commons- (cont.)logging.jar;lib\commons-logging-api.jar (EOL)
java -cp .;%jars%;bin (cont.) com.revasoft.shoutcast.plsdownloader.PlsDownloader %1 %2 (EOL)
Ton_loc

Postby dgemily on Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:29 am

Ton_loc wrote:set jars=lib\commons-httpclient-2.0-rc2.jar;lib\commons- (cont.)logging.jar;lib\commons-logging-api.jar (EOL)
java -cp .;%jars%;bin (cont.) com.revasoft.shoutcast.plsdownloader.PlsDownloader %1 %2 (EOL)

I didn't use this line.

what I did is:
I tried with "J2SE v 1.4.2_08 JRE" from there : http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html but that should works with the sdk...

then I used a batch file ( in the same repertory of ShoutcastPlsDownloader) here is it:
PlsDownloader.cmd -DownloadDirectory "C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\applications\Shoutcastradio" -MaxFilesPerGenre 25 -MinimumBitRate 64

let me know what are you trying to do, I will try it out .

Later,
dgemily

Postby Ton_loc on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:50 pm

What I was trying to do was very similar to how you set things up. I didn't try the batch file, though, and I didn't put my download path in quotes, either. I will give it a try when I get home and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the advice.
Ton_loc

Postby Ton_loc on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:35 am

Thanks dgemily, that worked well. I imported about 60 radios before I got banned. :D

Next is to try to build a page to navigate and control the radios!
Ton_loc

Postby dgemily on Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:22 am

Ton_loc wrote:Thanks dgemily, that worked well. I imported about 60 radios before I got banned. :D

I'm happy for u :wink:

later
dgemily

Postby Jay on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:29 pm

Dgemily,
your script :Shoutcast_to_Xml.vbs. Windows XP Script Host denies permission to run. Line 18, char 1.

Any idea why?

Thank you.
Jay

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:47 pm

Jay wrote:Dgemily,
your script :Shoutcast_to_Xml.vbs. Windows XP Script Host denies permission to run. Line 18, char 1.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

did you change those lines ? :

Shoutcast_XML_File    = "C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\databases\shoutcast.xml"
Shoutcast_Pls_Files    = "C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\applications\Shoutcastradio"

I will check the script when I will go back to home :wink:
dgemily

Postby Jay on Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:09 pm

I did so.
My XLobby folder is on my desk top so the paths reflect that.

I have just noticed that I have no /applications folder nor do I have shoutcast.xml in my databases.

I did successfully download the desired .pls files to a folder off of C:\. Perhaps I need to adjust my paths?

Sorry, I'm a bit new to this.

Thank you.
Jay

Postby dgemily on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:21 pm

C:\Program Files\XlobbyFr\applications\Shoutcastradio
it's the folder where there are my .pls files inside sub-directories ( one by genre)
ex:
C:\Program Files\XlobbyFrOLD\applications\Shoutcastradio\Alternative\2 Modern Rock Alternative (128).pls

do you have sub-directories ?
dgemily

Postby Jay on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:08 pm

No, the .pls files are elsewhere. It does look like a path problem. I should be able to fix this. Thank you.
Jay

Postby Jay on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:39 am

It was a path issue. I now have a database of 46 Jazz stations. Am I correct that I now need to build a screen similar to the Music screen to access them?
Thanks for all of your help!
Jay

Postby dgemily on Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:32 pm

which skin do you use ?

the only thing to do, is to add a category and select the database shoutcast inside the category, you don't need to assign any event to your category.
this database is an audio database, it will work like your database music.xml.
dgemily

Next