Xlobby Button Question

Speak your mind

Xlobby Button Question

Postby summerall on Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:47 pm

I guess this is a question for some folks who know a thing or two about skinning...

Can you make a button in xlobby that when pressed clicks on a hyperlink?

Thanks
summerall

Postby alaricljs on Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:34 pm

Yes.

How much detail do you need?

Since I haven't tried it there is the distinct possibility that for it to work there must be an IE instance open within xlobby (normal stuff) for that button click to work.

Did you want to see output, or are you just sending information with this URL?
alaricljs

Postby summerall on Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:31 am

Well right now I don't need to see much at all, just was a general question. I'm starting to put together a media server with a xlobby front end. One of the things I'm "dreaming up" is using xlobby to be the front end for tivowebplus. Thanks for the answer.
summerall

Postby alaricljs on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:12 am

I just reread your question and am having second thoughts about how I answered.

There's no easy way to program that button unless the URL you want is one that doesn't change and you know what it is beforehand.

Long explanation below ----

Xlobby has a "goto URL" event and you program in the URL as part of your skin (also there is the possibility of setting a variable to the URL and using the variable.)

If you mean to have an Xlobby button press be the same as clicking a URL in a window, then only is as much as it would be the same as you already knowing what the URL would be and pasting it into the address bar.

I don't know tivoweb at all, so perhaps this is all hot air. You can embed a browser window in xlobby, so there's no need to program a button to be a hyperlink unless you really don't want the tivoweb app visible.

Hope this helps.
alaricljs

Postby jowaldo on Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:23 am

I thought about using xlobby to control my tivo via tivoweb at one time, but never really got around to it, because I'm going to be selling it soon.

I'm assuming you jst

The best thing I could think of at the time (which is pretty much what alaricljs said) to do it was to just have certain buttons that point to the specific predefined links, but to also just have the actual browser window moved off the visible area of the screen.
jowaldo