Alpha 40 Skin Document

xlobby docs (works in progress)

Alpha 40 Skin Document

Postby Colby on Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:28 am

First of all, I need a good perminant place or way to post this webpage I created. Toni?, Jowald?, Matt?
With the help of ChadWolcott's tutorial I created a web document to explain xlobby's features as used for skinning. This may be one of the first documentations since alpha 40. :D
Last edited by Colby on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colby

Postby lar282 on Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:54 pm

I got web space if u like some. How big is the doc?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby jowaldo on Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:27 pm

wow thats great!!! amazing job!

You could put it on the webspace that I have at http://members.cox.net/xlobby

If you want to, I'll be on the chat room later, and we can upload it.
jowaldo

Postby rika on Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:45 pm

Very nice!!!!
rika

Postby wmandra on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:25 am

Colby,
It's all set. Just finished posting it to my webserver. The address for anyone interested is: http://www.mandra.homeip.net/xlobby

I also have a link to download my Remote Wonder - Xlobby plugin on the page. I talked to Steven earlier and he gave the go ahead nod to put the site up, at least for now. Of course, things will mmost likely get moved to the Xlobby server eventually.

The basic idea for this site will be an Xlobby Documentation project, so if anyone feels like writing some documentation for Xlobby email it to mailto:mandraw@earthlink.net the preferred format is HTML (of course), once I get the submissions I will review each of them and copy them to my server asap. Also, if anyone would like to volunteer some html skills, that would be welcome also (as you'll see mine need some improvement). The basic rules for documentation submission are that it must document a "standard" feature of Xlobby or the configuration of Xlobby with another program, just be carefull of copyrights.

I will also put links or make available for download third-party programs and/or utilities for Xlobby. If you contact me and request this though, you must be the person who wrote the program. I.e. I will not put a download for Zoomplayer or a link to the Zoomplayer site on the page without permission of the copyright holder.

Enjoy,
Bill
wmandra

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:45 am

wmandra, feel free to post a link to this in the announcement if you want.

Great work on the skinning guide guys :)
stevenhanna6

Postby TheBlindMan on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:06 am

Great job guys! I have a question about the remote plugin. I have the ATi remote wonder and I've been using it 'straight out of the box' with Xlobby, how would the plugin help?

Thanks
TheBlindMan

Postby theendisnye on Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:50 am

I notice the link to the documentation doesn't work is there a new link? Steve
theendisnye

Postby dgemily on Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:25 am

which documentation ?.
skinning xlobby ? It still there : http://xlobby.incolby.com/SkinningXlobbya40.htm

dge
dgemily