Webserver command question

V3 help and support questions

Webserver command question

Postby Jay on Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:52 pm

When I try to launch any movie on the server from movieviewer on a fat client with the play button (play movie new) in the Webserver event group, only the first movie in the database plays.

What do I need to add to make the selected movie play?
Jay

Re: Webserver command question

Postby smarty on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Jay,
I have run into this as well. It not only affects movies, but if you want to display photos on the main server, you will not be able to select the photo you want. I think it has something to do with how the overlays/categories work. I hope this gets figured out.

See my posting below:

"Ok I am using the Web Server Command on my touchscreen to cause my Xlobby server to navigate and display as the touchscreen does (most of this works great - this feature is needed).

However, when using the weather map overlays or when using the pictureviewer overlay, the overlay on the server machine appears to be "behind" the main screen that is displayed. I can tell this because when I run the mouse over the server machine, the overlay buttons suddenly become visible.

How can I get these overlays on the server machine to "be in front"? "
smarty

Postby Jay on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Smarty, that makes me feel better.
We can add music to the list, as well. Only my 1st album plays.

I guess this is a work in process. The core execution of controlling another machine with Webserver event buttons looks solid at this point.
Jay

Postby wesblack on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:52 am

Verifying this issue with Steven. I will post the response soon.

Thanks,

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Jay on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:32 pm

Thanks Wes.
Jay

Postby wesblack on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:14 am

Quote from Steven. "They are trying to a some kind of quasi fat client....I know what they want to do its the same thing that
Samson Luv, one of Calrads system integrators wants pretty much with a mimic mode but they will have to wait because the web server command was never designed to take the place of a full blown fat client mimic function its just for executing quick functions on the server side."

In simple terms guys we are working on a solution, as soon as I have a direction on what can be done I will post it here.
:D

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Jay on Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Great. I for one, obviously misunderstood the intent of this feature as it now stands.
Jay