Coverart & Spiders import problem

Help each other out

Coverart & Spiders import problem

Postby daems on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello,

I have exported DVD pofiler colelction.xml which should have the coverts from my movies.
However if I goto the movie section in Xlobby. It shows the movies I have imported but show no graphical coverart, They stay white.

If I check database or spiders , I see that the location is linked to the directory where the profiler is located, but is does not seem to find the right cover.

In most cases, the covers that come back from amazon etc, are the wrong ones. Other covers I try to attach with spiders dont seem to save, after I press the save cover button. Back in the movie section the coverart stay white.

Can anybody help here ?
daems

Re: Coverart & Spiders import problem

Postby sharp_1 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Clear your cache and reboot and see if that works.
sharp_1

Postby daems on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks, I did not know that function, but it did not work unfortunately. I rebooted, deleted the database, imported it again.
I can edit the database, but no movie covers are displayed from DVD profiler. Any other clue ?
daems

Postby daems on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:24 pm

It seems that the path directory which Xlobby is looking for for coverart is different than the export made from DVD profiler. There is an database/default/images directory where as xlobby is looking for database/images.

However, if I copy the images directory one level up, passing the default directory and straight under database, xlobby still does not recognize them. If I point out one single DVD coverart to the right image, that seems to work, but is not really a nice job for 200 pieces, whitout proper names.

ANy help? Steve maybe you ?

Later , Sander
daems

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:39 pm

You can specify the directory that your database is in on the setup screen, such as my documents\dvd fab\databases\default or whatever. Make sure this is correct. Mine's working normally with this. I can tell when I forget to copy an image over to my directory where the movies are (i keep them there just for neatness sake. Took a long time initially of course, but as I add movies, it's quick and painless.)
cmhardwick

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Where is your movie.xml file pointing for coverart?
sharp_1

Postby daems on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:04 pm

I finally have it working, thanks guys. I had the DVD profiler directory in the Folder location instead of the DVD profiler database directory, so one level to high. The xml was in the right place all the time. Somehow it works now.

Only problem I have left is that Theatertek only plays video_ts and IFO where I have most movies stored as ISO.

Any clue how to solve that ?

Starting to look really great if all works.
daems

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:26 pm

you'll need to Daemon Tools installed and configured to mount ISO files. The you can use them. There are threads about this. I'd try a search on Daemon Tools.
cmhardwick