Multizone Skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Multizone Skin

Postby scalt on Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:32 am

I'm currently in the process of setting up a multizone - multi-input system and I was wondering if it is possible to desing the following with the skinning system.

Basicly, I'd like to have a menu with each source (MP3, Internet Radio, FM Tuner, CD, Line-In, etc..) and be able to select which zone will play that source.

Something like this :

Source Screen :

-MP3 Player 1
-MP3 Player 2
-CD Player
-Internet Radio
-FM Radio
-LineIn

and for each source, i'd have screen (or overlay) allowing me to select which zone would be playing that source :

MP3 Player 1 Screen :

-Zone 1 [ ]
-Zone 2 [x]
-Zone 3 [ ]
-Zone 4 [ ]
-Zone 5 [x]
-Zone 6 [ ]

(in that example, zone 2 and 5 would be playing the MP3 Player 1)

Any ideas if this is possible or if there's any skin allowing this currently?

Thanks
scalt

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:50 pm

I've started a zoning skin. It will be a very stripped down skin where the main screen will have a button to goto music, a couple of buttons to select the current zone to modify and status on each zone. I will also be adding a button to access weather forcasts (a nice feature). I'm even going to have volume control functionality for a DIY amp via parallel port and using Girder. For your idea of having MP3 player 1/2 and an internet (shoutcast) radio is simple enough to do through databases. For the other options, this may be more difficult as you will have to change the source input of Winamp (or Foobar). I'm going to look to see if winamp has that feature that Xlobby could take advantage of.

I'll keep you posted on how the skin is coming along if your interested.
Marbles_00