xlobby contol using external event

Help each other out

Postby mfergusson on Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:17 pm

That was it! - I needed to use last exe.

Works well, Thanks again.

art can you perhaps elaborate on "using Girder why can't you send a SendMessage to XL with wparam & lparam, each event in XL has a trigger with wparam & lparam ...."

Cheers,

Mark
mfergusson

Postby art on Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:51 pm

Well, if I understand what you trying to do - you can use girder and its "SysCommand" command under "Command" tab (too many commands in this sentence :) ). SysCommand takes WParam & LParam which you can find/assign in XL - each event has or can have a trigger "SendMessage" where you can assign WParam & LParam. I'm not sure what is your scenario and how you want to initiate your commands, but girder is more than capable of communicating with XL, there is also a great plug-in if you using remote - XRemote - for XL/girder. Not that there is something wrong with packstlaurent's plug-in... just trying to give you some options.
Hope this helps...
art

Postby packstlaurent on Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:50 am

I've coded this plugin because i use girder to command Xlobby. So i was having to many command SendMessage, which use big number. Not really user frendly.

When you want to add a command, you have to create an event in Xlobby. Then you have to remember the last number used, because if you don't, you will have two commands with the same number : big bug !!
And to finish, you have to take the same number in girder : not easy!

Whith Xreceive, you do not have to create an Xlobby event. You add a girder command with executable and a parameter. So you can see with letters your command. You know what the command do. The "girder code" is easily to read and to maintain, I think.

And more over you can send variable to Xlobby. But i'm not sure sendMessage can't. Can it ?

Pack
packstlaurent

Postby mfergusson on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 am

Hi Pack,

This is working well and thanks for comments.

Tell me, is it possible using same tool to also set the selection of a buton? (I don't want to use the default button setting within Xlobby).

Thanks,

Mark
mfergusson

Postby packstlaurent on Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:11 am

As you can execute all the commands of Xlobby,you can do what you want.
You have to use something like :

Code: Select all
"command:xlobby:select button: the id of the button"

But i know that many command doesn't seem to work. For example, I can't call the command "back". I don't know why...
packstlaurent

Postby mfergusson on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:16 am

Thanks Pack.

I've tried this and doesn't want to work. Can I ask if/where the xlobby commands are documented. I've looked on the help page and doesn't look like there's much in terms of doco.

Cheers,

Mark
mfergusson

Postby Mannyman on Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:49 pm

Instead of "select button" maybe try "button select".

I'm guessing the commands that are available can be seen by pressing F2 and seeing what listed under Xlobby commands...?
Mannyman

Postby dgemily on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:12 pm

Mannyman wrote:Instead of "select button" maybe try "button select".

I'm guessing the commands that are available can be seen by pressing F2 and seeing what listed under Xlobby commands...?

yep you're right,
in the setup (F2) section "event" you have on the left side the commands list: like in the example :
command: Xlobby --> button select
dgemily

Postby Mannyman on Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:48 pm

As always mad-props to Colby for the following:

http://www.xlobby.incolby.com/EventVariableSheet2.htm
Mannyman

Postby Mannyman on Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:02 am

XReceive is GREAT!

I was using XLHotkey before, but there are times I did not want keystrokes to come in.

I now use XSend and XReceive with my home automation software (PowerHome) and a touchscreen pc. The integration of the 2 programs has been fun.

Using toggle buttons in XLobby with "button state set" commands, anytime a light is turned on or off; Xlobby shows the correct state. The cool part is that it does this even when the light was activated outside the XLobby touchscreen.

For example:
"command:xlobby:button state set:md lights:off"
Mannyman

Postby Mannyman on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:01 am

Put a short Google Video up. It shows how when I press a button on the PowerHome default web page it changes the toggle status of the button in XLobby.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7615936951734030054&hl=en
Mannyman

plugin says 'error'

Postby damage on Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:55 am

i installed this into the plugins directory of the latest xlobby2 release, but when i hit f2 and bring up the plugins menu, it shows XReceive, v2.1, Error

i've restarted this 5 times and i still get the same result. any suggestions?
damage

Postby packstlaurent on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:06 pm

XReceive is using the 8000 tcp/ip port. Perhaps you have an application which is using this same port.

Please, say me it was the problem

Pack
packstlaurent

Postby dgemily on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:28 pm

packstlaurent wrote:XReceive is using the 8000 tcp/ip port. Perhaps you have an application which is using this same port.

Xlobby use this port for xnet communication....
dgemily

thanks!

Postby damage on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:44 pm

yes. i have something running on port 8000. i closed it and xlobby says the plugin is running. any chance the port number can be configurable?

this helps answer my other problem ( http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4773 ). thanks!
damage

PreviousNext