Using XLobby to improve WAF?

Speak your mind

Using XLobby to improve WAF?

Postby madpoet on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:29 pm

Ok, I'm trying to resist the urge to go back to seperate components just to satisfy the WAF. I've got a Harmony 688 remote and an Airboard wireless keyboard, use TT as a player, and really don't listen to that much music :). So it seems like my setup should be fairly simple. I've got a few questions before I give it a whirl.

1) For ripped DVDs, is it better to have them in an iso/img format or the folder structure? I've got some of both, but I'll convert one way or the other if I have to.

2) For my network shares, do I need to map drives or will XLobby handle pointers to shares?

I'm sure I'll come up with a plethora more as I go (I'm still a little unclear about downloading the cover art) but those 2 will get me started :).

-MP
madpoet

Postby Cooch on Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:43 pm

1) Not sure I use the folder structure myself.

2) I have not used unc's in practice, but you can use a network share for the path and the import works fine. Not sure how it works in the real world but in theory it will work. Maybe someone else can chime in who uses unc's.
Cooch

Postby AirPost on Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:49 pm

1) I also use the folder structure. Using dvdshrink, it only takes about 15 min to rip a whole dvd.

2) I setup my pc's to use a logon batch file from my domain controller so that my video and music directories across the network are mapped to respective drive letters. Works great so far with Xlobby.
AirPost

Postby Tracie on Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:55 pm

madpoet,
1. I'm using the file structure as well. I agree with Airpost, it's almost too easy using DVD Shrink.

2. I've got a dedicated media server that I've set up to share drives off of it across the network (10/100 wired). I just point Xlobby to those drives & it plays fine, both music & movies.
Tracie