Don't understand something about Zoomplayer

Speak your mind

Don't understand something about Zoomplayer

Postby str1der on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:43 am

I keep hearing everyone talk about using the free zoomplayer for DVD's. The free player says it doesn't support dvd playback so how are you guys doing it?
str1der

Postby wesblack on Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:00 am

My experience has been that the current free version of Zoom Player will only play a DVD ' from your local DVD drive or allow you to manually open files and folders to play a movie, but will not play the movies from Xlobby without purchasing the paid versions which use's command line switches. The new beta versions of Xlobby will play DVD's with its own internal player or you can select external players. Maybe old versions of Zoom Player worked with command line switches. If some one has a work around to fix this for the basic free version of Zoom player or older versions of Zoom Player, please post it here.

According to inmatrix, the basic free Zoom Player software does not support DVD playback from the hard disk.

When I purchased the most rescent paid version of Zoom Player Pro, everything worked great with Xlobby.

See this link for versions info.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/zoomplayer_download.shtml

See this link for some help:

http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... oom+player

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby str1der on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:46 pm

When you say beta version are you talking about the experimental exe on the download page? If so how do you get it to use the internal player. I downloaded it but couldn't find anyplace to tell it to use an internal player.
str1der

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:48 pm

the beta versions he's speaking of that will play internally aren't out yet. Coming soon to a PC near you :)
cmhardwick