ReDeux Skin - updated June 30, 2004

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

ReDeux Skin - updated June 30, 2004

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:21 am

I've redone this skin so many times that the name, ReDeuxII (Re-Do Two), seemed a natural choice.

Its the front end to my home theater where managing movies & music is its main job. A lot of what Xlobby can do isn't included simply because I do serious stuff (burning, ripping, etc) at my desk and the theater is for zoning out.

Thanks and credit to Colby, Jowaldo and Art from whom I 'borrowed' a few ideas. And of course thanks to Steve Hanna for this incredible app.

Here are the screenshots http://home.comcast.net/~sar.web/ReDeuxII.htm

Download it here: http://home.comcast.net/~sar.web/Files/ReDeuxII.zip 4.5 meg

Just FYI - Depending on your screen resolution you made need to make minor changes to the font sizes and button positions in this skin to make everything look 'right' on your display.
Last edited by BaddaBing on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:22 am, edited 11 times in total.
BaddaBing

Postby Roscoe62 on Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:50 am

That's a really nice looking clean skin! Good work!

I can see lots of ideas in there I'll probably stea......er....I mean borrow! :)

Gotta get that trailer option working though. That would really be the icing on the cake.

Well done!
Roscoe62

Postby Cosworth on Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:55 am

Looks very good. Excellent work
What caught my eye was the camera. Just bought the very same :-)
Cosworth

Postby jmatienzo on Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:53 pm

great looking skin, I'm testing it on my Home theater so far so good,tks.
jmatienzo

Postby pika on Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:26 pm

This skin looks very nice.

I'm a member of a french board about Xlobby and we translate skins into french with the agreement of the author.

That's why I want to know if i's possible to translate it.

Thanks
pika

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:33 am

Pika,
Yes, please feel free to translate it. I'm honored that you have selected it for translation. Thank you. :D

UPDATES:
Fixed Volume Level display so it now works

Added volume control to Radio Page

Changed radar view back to Weather Plugin view so it no longer needs
to be separately configured.

Added Movie Player control page to movie screens

Removed hard coded text from Splash Screen so it is now changeable

Included readme.txt with instructions for configuring radio page
Last edited by BaddaBing on Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BaddaBing

Postby art on Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:47 am

Nice skin, how is the weather in Dallas? Anything like in Allen? :D
art

Postby BaddaBing on Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:05 am

hi art,
I'd say the weather is about the same...seeing you are about 20 minutes north-east of me (depending on traffic) I'm using the solution you came up with for internet radio, its a slick bit of work. Thanks!
BaddaBing

Postby pika on Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:42 pm

thanks for your agreement.

I notice a problem in the overlay_albumtracks screen. the cover of the album is not assigned to music:album add. this event is assigned to the rectangle in back. So you can't close the overlay and play only one track.

Nice job.
pika

Postby BaddaBing on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:16 am

pika,

thanks for your agreement.
You are welcome...thank you for adding 'ReDeuxII' to your collection on the French Xlobby website.

I notice a problem in the overlay_albumtracks screen. the cover of the album is not assigned to music:album add. this event is assigned to the rectangle in back. So you can't close the overlay and play only one track.

You are correct..it was not working correctly. I have modified the skin so that it now acts correctly. When you click on an album cover in the 'overlay_albumtracks' screen it ADDS the tracks to the playlist rather than over-writes the playlist. The download has been updated with this fix.

I did not include any documentation with the skin but here is a quick overview of how the 'MUSIC' page works:

To play a single track from a CD:

(1) From the 'MUSIC' page - Click the CD cover

(2) The overlay_albumtracks screen will appear

(3) Click on the track you wish to play from the 'tracks' list - it will be added to the playlist and auto-play.

(3) Close the overlay - the tracks on the playlist will continue to play

To modify what is currently playing - click the 'Playlist' button from the music screen.

The 'Playlist' screen will allow you to:
(a) Move a track up or down in the playlist
(b) Delete a track from the playlist
(c) Play a track in the playlist 'now'
(d) Clear the playlist

The Playlist screen also allows you to selct 'Track' or 'Album' mode.

In 'track' mode clicking a cd cover will allow you to choose individual songs from the CD.

In 'album' mode clicking on a CD cover from the MUSIC page will start the playing of that entire CD.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you find any more problems in the skin and I will do my best to fix them.

merci, mon ami :D
BaddaBing

Postby ak11 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:42 am

Great looking skin and very close to what I am looking for. Excellent work.

I am having a problem with the Music section under the current prerelease 28 version. I have my music database created in that traditional 'Album' view.

When I select an album the 'overlay_albumtracks' appears and the artist detail is correct but the coverart is blank and the track listing is empty. Clicking the exit button returns to a page with icons for each of the individual tracks without any coverart.

If I delete my music database and import it as 'Artist > Album' the overlay functions as you would expect.

I have tried this using a database imported as 'Album' by simple swapping the xlobby.exe file to the 40.2 Prerelease 14 version and the music works properly so I am not sure if the problem is with the skin or an issue with the current version of xlobby.

Also in the Weather pages the heading is hard coded to Dallas, Texas and not plugin>xweather>current>%name%. This is obviously an easy fix but may initially confuse some users.
ak11

Postby Colby on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:05 am

Bing I can tell you got some time in your skin. A lot of it is remencent of mine. Thats good :D . Is everything working ok?

ak11 youre problem is a simple fix
since overlay_albumtracks is really my feature (even the name of the screen). what you need to do is open the skin editor; select the music db (thumbnails), then go to the edit category tab. The info screen should be music whereas yours is blank. type music here and there you go, Enjoy!
Colby

Postby BaddaBing on Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:56 am

Hi Colby,
Yes, your 'Colby Skin' is the what got me started and the 'foundation' to ReDeux. It was the great work you did with navigation and overlays - especially on the music screens -that made your skin rock - and that I just had to 'borrow' I owe you big time in that digging through your work has taught me so much about how to make Xlobby do the things I want it to do - Thanks!
-Badabing
BaddaBing

Postby ak11 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:53 am

Thanks for the quick reply Colby, as expected it now works perfectly.

I just found it strange that it worked fine under prerelease 14 without anything in the infoscreen field but failed as soon as I tried it under v28. :?
ak11