XVis : a visualization plugin www

Xlobby plugin development

Postby PhilB on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:59 pm

Hey Budabo,

My antivirus just picked off bass_vis.dll as infected with the bloodhoud.overpacked virus. You need to clean you zip file and repost.

Others beware. This is an old virus and easily removed but still will create issues.

PB
PhilB

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Bloodhound aint real virus... but something imagined by norton...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby PhilB on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm

Call it anythjing you want...I have too much invested to deal with infections....:)

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/ ... acked.html

PB
PhilB

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:28 pm

PhilB wrote:Call it anythjing you want...I have too much invested to deal with infections....:)

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/ ... acked.html

PB

Look, put your whistle back in your pocket and blow it only _after_ u fully understand the link u just sent.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby PhilB on Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:01 pm

get real
PhilB

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:00 pm

PhilB wrote:get real

Issue if there actually is any, which i highly doubt, considering AV-business models :roll:, is also discussed at their forums at: http://www.un4seen.com/

If u wanna be safe and sound u can always, do as adviced and download new version of that file... i did just that and it seems it also allows the use of some visualizers which didnt work with old dll.

To Badubo

More on topic, if u consider making it run on any monitor, and therefore making it usable for me :) I have one feature request: I started to think about putting visuals in database and have visual cat, to make them more XLobby-like... but that dont make much sense unless there is command which allows u directly choose a given visual. So command like:

StartVisual XXX

where XXX is name of visual would be highly approciated :)
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby badubo on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:22 pm

@P3rv3rt B3ar

ok, I will add this feature, it's not very difficult :wink:

regarding the case sensitive issue, it depends of what xlobby gives as the screen name. Even if you put the screen in lower case, it can be named with some upper case letters. As I need to find a text zone with particular ID, I must trust xloby about the "name" of the screen. (finding a button with its ID is unfortunately case sensitive in the sdk)
The only way I see to improve the detection of the correct screen is to look for the name given by xlobby, and, if not found, the same name but in lower case. So, if the ID of the text zone is created using a lower case only screen name, the plugin will find the correct resource.
badubo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanx Badubo, u r the man!!

The case sensitivity was non-issue... i just wanted to report it that not other forum reading user will repeat same mistakes i did.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby badubo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:42 am

I made the modifications (using xlobby in the second monitor and calling start with a visual name)
But I have many deadlocks with this version, I guess, this is due to the new xlobby2.exe or the fact that it is the first version compiled with .NET 2.0.
I will try to correct them and post the update ASAP
badubo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:06 am

Great thanx,

Ive been running temporarly clone mode now while setting up things, so i havent really noticed, but just crossed my mind how about your other plugins? well most importantly XMoveWindow... what is its current status multiscreen support wise?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby badubo on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am

well most importantly XMoveWindow... what is its current status multiscreen support wise?

it already supports multiscreen
badubo

Postby dalanik on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm having problems with xVis sometimes. When xVis is started, for a split second, two white boxes (windows) blink, before xVis window is correctly positioned to it's location. But sometimes, these white boxes just remain on screen, and xVis then opens and works, but XLobby stops responding...

It is happening only on my HTPC, not on two other test machines. :-( (murphy's laws)

Has anyone seen this?

D.
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:00 am

This seems to be the problem with plugins.... when I remove all plugins except xVis, it works fine. By adding all plugins back, it breaks. Could this be memory issue? I have 1Gb of RAM, but there is paging file of 3Gb, and it's not full?
dalanik

Postby dalanik on Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:26 am

No, it's not a plugin problem. Removing all other plugins helps a bit, but it still happens.

I get this on all 3 PCs that I use for HTPC and testing. On some it happens every time, on some only rarely, but it always happens.

On Spectrum_Start, it just displays these white boxes (that normaly dissapear) and spectrum, but XLobby just hangs and doesn't react.

The only way it works is if I leave it on EVERY screen and never switch it off/on (which is impossible because of video etc)

Don't tell me that noone has experienced this?
dalanik

Postby m_ski on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 am

Dalibor,

I think this is similar to the issues you are having with my plugin. I think Steven has changed something related to the way xlobby deals with child windows of xlobby (i.e plugins), meaning focus often does not return correctly to xlobby and it freezes up. There was a change to focussing a while back which may be related, but I am really just guessing until Steven can comment.
m_ski

PreviousNext