for devs: Will u move on or stay?

related to programming for xlobby, code samples, examples etc.

After paylobby release will u most likely be developing for?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Freelobby
75%
Paylobby
25%
Some other FE
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: for devs: Will u move on or stay?

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:17 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:
BaddaBing wrote:
Are u freaking kidding me... imho it looks like bear barfed on it!

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one - and they all stink. Your milage may vary...

Wow...that must have been the best B3ar comeback I think ever written....at least what I've read. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Marbles_00

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:18 pm

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:
BaddaBing wrote:
Are u freaking kidding me... imho it looks like bear barfed on it!

Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one - and they all stink. Your milage may vary...

[Marbles_00 wrote]
Wow...that must have been the best B3ar comeback I think ever written....at least what I've read.

Ah gees....another freakin hidden post!!!
Last edited by Marbles_00 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:24 am

Marbles_00 wrote:Wow...that must have been the best B3ar comeback I think ever written....at least what I've read.

Yeah its pretty slick I think he finally takes the title away from this cowardg guy :D
http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5507&hilit=moron

Ive been whole night trying to figure out the last sentence. But i really dont get it... Must be something only americans and brittons can fathom...

EDIT: oops i forgot sweds :wink:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:49 am

I'm downloading the bittorrent DVD install of LinuxMCE as I write this

Buddabing, any news on this...have you had a chance to install? Waiting patiently for an "unbiased Linux" opinion. I've downloaded the DVD...just waiting for the day to get the equipment to actually try it out if it is worth it.
Marbles_00

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:12 am

Same here, I need to shuffle some stuff around to free up some PC resources. I want to make sure I don't run into any compatability issues so there are some things I need to buy before I can start. I'm trying to stick to the "supported" hardware list. Reading the LinuxMCE forum shows that the install doesn't like it when it runs across non-standard hardware and since I'm not a LINUX guru I don't want to waste a lot of time trying to debug driver issues. I'm counting on LINUX stability so that (theoretically) once its up and running I can leave it alone. I'm traveling for business this week so I won't have a chance to start playing with it until next weekend at the earliest.
BaddaBing

Postby defrag on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 am

I've opted for the 2 cd route, it seems the more flexable route as it allows you to install onto a partition, which the DVD route doesn't (it wipes your entire drive). I've got an OS reinstall planned for the HTPC so I'm very tempted to give this a go.
defrag

Postby gamejester on Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:57 pm

I have played with Linux MCE before, but like you guys coming from a Windows background I did not get on with it too much.
I am also used to tweaking everthing to just how I like it, which is lacks and is what makes xlobby so great.

I have to admit that xlibby is only running on one box now, and my other 6 boxes all run Media Portal
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/

Why?
'cos it does everything I need and does it well, it also look very pretty!

My main focus is, and always has been, the playback of TV episodes gathered form the usual places. I don't want to order my TV by date aired, I just want to drill through it by, show, season, episode.

People should look at the My_TV-Series plugin + the spin safe revlove skin, it is very cool.
You can stick your tv in any structure and namiling convention you like, it that finds it and matches with regular expression and nips off to thetvdb.com and gets all the show info, episode screen shots, etc...
It can also look into a file and you can configure icons to show you, format, 5.1 sound, 720P res, etc....
Owe, and a new thing is the use of Fan Art, so the back ground can morf into a cool series fan art.
I have been using it for 18 months now, hense my lack of posting here, and find it stable.
The TV Server is also coming laong nicely and is getting stable. I have a 4 tunner DVB-T card recording and serving streams to my 6 boxes.

I have come back to Xlobyy as my new house is going to incorporate full home automation so I want 1 interface for whole house control, lights, heating, etc. but also want to do whole house audio on that interface and que up dvd's, etc.........which xlobby could give me with the various plugins. Don't really want to run 2 seperate systems, but it might end up like that.
gamejester

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Has anyone anymore thought on LinuxMCE? Also has anyone tried out elisa? Info here:
http://elisa.fluendo.com/home/
looks pretty interesting. Some guy also already has a wiiremote setup to control it. Just wanted to know other peoples thoughts.
Marbles_00

Postby PhilB on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Elisa seems interesting but very early and lacks a robust skinning engine.
PhilB

Postby Jay on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:15 pm

I think it's time for a poll.
Who migrated to the commercial version?
I'm commercial but post in both areas as I'm sure others do.
Jay

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 pm

Im freeloader. Had way too much time invested into xpert to make the transition. If i ever make switch to anything else itll be FE coded with my own paws.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:58 am

i migrated as well.

to be honnest it was worth the dosh, just to get the (quite long) bug list tied down...
S Pittaway

Postby badubo on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:51 am

For now, I stay on free version. I'm finishing an internal movie player based on videolan that offers (for my needs) more functionnalities than the internal player of xlobby. As soon as I have some time to write a little doc and an example skin, I will post this plugin
badubo

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:15 am

badubo wrote: I'm finishing an internal movie player based on videolan

WOW!! i love videolan, that integrated by devgod himself... its gonna be super awesome!!!
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby S Pittaway on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am

for what its worth, i am not using the internal player - i use ThearterTek and WinAmp :)
S Pittaway

PreviousNext