movies skin version2

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

movies skin version2

Postby csander on Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:16 pm

I decided to add a DVD player to allow launching whatever movie is in the DVDROM drive. This is useful for rental or offline DVDs.

I also spiced up the skin a little by using the enter:buttonname commands that can hide/show other buttons. This allowed me to dim the covers section, change the movie posters, close the cabinet doors, and change the TV image as well.

This skin only works with keyboard navigation (which is all I use via remote control). Mouse clicking seems to be broken for some reason. Probably all the overlays I have here are causing problems.

Here is the zip of the skin (included is a splash, main menu, and exit skin):

http://www.sanderland.com/Xlobbyskins/sander1v2.zip

Just unzip into your skins directory and select sander1v2 as the skin.

Here are the screenshots:

Cabinet closed - lower doors lit up - this button returns to the main menu:

DVD player active - this button launches the DVD in the drive:

Movies section active - this launches the movie directly. I'm going to later add a movie details skin:

Enjoy!

Chris
csander

Postby finist on Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm

Thank you for your skin! I have some questions.
I do not know how to move past the first 9 covers. Is it possible to choose
a movie via first letters or genre?
I understand that only movie button is active - right? Is it possible to
integrate your movies skin into another skin theme?
Regards
finist

Postby csander on Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:35 pm

This skin was designed for keyboard navigation. When you are in the movies button, you can use the left and right arrow keys to move to more movies. If you are not using keyboard navigation, you'll need to add a left and right button to scroll through the pages. You will also have to add buttons for filtering, alphabet, etc. if you want that, but I did not, so I did not include them.

You can copy the movies.xml file and the buttons directory into another skin directory to use it with another skin.

Chris
csander