XoapWeather 1.2

Xlobby plugin development

Postby BaddaBing on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:07 pm

I am using the HeavyMetal Skin. On the five day forecast page, I am having some problems with day 5. I am able to display the detailed outlook for days 1 - 4, but not day 5

Make sure that the plugin configuration tab in XL setup that XoapWeather is set to retrieve 6 days of forecast. Entering "1" gets you today's current weather, "2" gets today's current and tomorrow's forecast, etc. At least that is the way it works for me :wink:
BaddaBing

Postby cmhardwick on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:02 pm

Ahh, so you have to pad it by 1 day in the config. I'll try that, when I can resurrect my machine ... BAD crash! data seems fine, but can't boot. I've got to buy a PCI-SATA interface card for my other machine so I can slave the drive and grab all my data before I reformat, or just trash the drive.

sigh .....
cmhardwick

Postby Cabnetguy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:36 am

Hey Atlas,

I was wondering how you got the set of weather channel icons, and if it is possible to get the new set that the weather channel is now using.
I have tried google, but come up empty

If anyone else has any ideas please chime in.
Cabnetguy

Atlas

Postby lar282 on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:08 am

Atlas can't u take a moment and fix this one.

//------------------
Here is a list of things I will be adding
* Fix metric not being used in detail forecasts. This actually comes from weather.com incorrectly. Will modify in plugin.
//------------------

please

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Atlas on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:13 am

Sorry I didn't complete that. I got carried away with my own plugin...Netflix. It's easier to fix/add to your own programming than someone elses. :lol: I'll see what I can do this weekend. Problem is I'll have to relearn the xoap code, so it might take me a little bit.
Atlas

Postby Atlas on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 am

Cabinetguy,

The images from weather.com came in their SDK for the XML feed. I had to signup, get an id etc. I didn't know they changed. I'll check into it. You can get other weather images sets on the web. Should be some links in the forums.
Atlas

Postby lar282 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:22 am

Atlas wrote:Sorry I didn't complete that. I got carried away with my own plugin...Netflix. It's easier to fix/add to your own programming than someone elses. :lol: I'll see what I can do this weekend. Problem is I'll have to relearn the xoap code, so it might take me a little bit.

So, did u have any time over for programming this weekend?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby PhilB on Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:44 pm

It would be nice to have a variable that allows me to display when the last update ran. I can tell by the times on the maps but a variable would be better.

Thanks,
PB
PhilB

Postby Atlas on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 am

Lasse

Yeah I looked at it. He (original coder) uses some things in C# I'm not yet familiar with..ie DataTable, etc. So I'm trying to figure out the best place to convert the data. Also based on how they report the info (ie High of 50F. Low in the 30s, Winds 20-30 etc.) catching all cases and converting the numbers to the right units! :lol: Also on top of this work has gotten busy. I will get this done....just might be slower than I thought. sorry.

Phil,

There is a lastupdate variable but it is from the weather.com side (ie when it updated) not when Xlobby updated(refreshed) info from weather.com.
Atlas

Postby cmhardwick on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:22 am

Atlas,

Is there a way to keep it from just giving up if it can't get an update? seems once it can't get one, the only way to get it to update is to exit and reload xlobby. A refresh does nothing.

Thanks!
cmhardwick

Postby Atlas on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 am

Yeah I have a copy of the code I was trying to work on that with. Currently there is only one thread running that does everything. I was looking at creating one that monitors 'things' and launch a new thread to download. That way if the 2nd thread fails the first one keeps going. Currently if anything happens in the download the entire thing shuts off. But like earlier, this is something new for me in C# coding. Learning as I go! :shock: :lol:
Atlas

Postby lar282 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:29 am

Atlas wrote:Lasse

Yeah I looked at it. He (original coder) uses some things in C# I'm not yet familiar with..ie DataTable, etc. So I'm trying to figure out the best place to convert the data. Also based on how they report the info (ie High of 50F. Low in the 30s, Winds 20-30 etc.) catching all cases and converting the numbers to the right units! :lol: Also on top of this work has gotten busy. I will get this done....just might be slower than I thought. sorry.

Phil,

There is a lastupdate variable but it is from the weather.com side (ie when it updated) not when Xlobby updated(refreshed) info from weather.com.

its only the forecasts that is wrong. The current wheater is already in the correct unots. But I take it u knew that!

//Lasse
lar282

Postby PhilB on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:44 am

I tried "lastupdate" as follows:

plugin>xoapweather>%lastupdate%

but the return was

"invalid number of parameters"

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
PhilB

Postby cmhardwick on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:52 am

plugin>xoapweather>current>%lastupdate%

Got to have CURRENT in there :D
cmhardwick

Postby PhilB on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:39 pm

that did the trick. I should have cught that myself.

PB
PhilB

PreviousNext