XLOBBY - what's the dif?

Speak your mind

XLOBBY - what's the dif?

Postby Sk33t3r on Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:53 pm

Talk to me...
I've looked at Media Portal and GAM. MP has issues, it seems, with S/W capture cards but a nice interface. GAM has issues too, but setup is easier - the interface isn't as slick as XLOBBY.

How's XLOBBY's compatibility with non-hauppauge S/W cards? Is there a list of compatible cards available?

VERY NICE JOB.
Sk33t3r

Postby Colby on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:13 pm

welcome sk33t3r
what part of kc are you? Maybe I could come by and show you a thing or two.
Colby

Postby Sk33t3r on Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:25 pm

Plaza / Brookside area. How 'bout you?

What's your experience with the various Media Center clones, i.e. Media Portal, GBPVR, GAM, etc?
Sk33t3r

Postby lar282 on Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:34 pm

xlobby does not have any TV plugin yet. Carm is working on one and will hopefully release a new beta next weekend.
Xlobby is just a htpc shell with no internal players what so ever. You may choose any player u like (or tv app)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Colby on Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:32 pm

Im in Independence-ish
sk33t3r wrote:the interface isn't as slick as XLOBBY.

that was the first thing I noticed. Xlobby has a very powerful skin editor. This lets users create any button, layout, and page however they want. It make Xlobby very customizable more so than other apps.

Xlobby isnt a pvr or tv based software. It is a front end, that links (as lar said) any media software together. Xlobby also is database management. You can import or create media databases and sort and filter them all from the GUI. Best of all Xlobby is free! Give it a try, the forum here is very responsive and can answer questions very quickly.
Colby

Postby samgreco on Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:31 pm

Colby,

A little OT.

When I was a very young kid, I lived very near you for 3 years before returning to Chicago. I went to Northeast Junior High for my 8th grade year. Lots of great memories.

Sam
samgreco

Postby Sk33t3r on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:11 pm

Kansas Citians, eh? I'll take a look at all these for a bit and do some research and let you all know if I need addtl help (I'm sure I will). Great community.

BTW - Westport High class of '80
Sk33t3r

Re: XLOBBY - what's the dif?

Postby The Real Mc Coy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:38 am

Sk33t3r wrote:How's XLOBBY's compatibility with non-hauppauge S/W cards? Is there a list of compatible cards available?

As it was said : you can choose the tv app you want :D

For example : I use K!Tv for tv viewing and recording inside XLobby.

The French Team made it work (maTv skins and clones) within XLobby.

K!Tv ( http://www.kastortv.org ) is a GPL Tv viewing and recording software wich should work with almost any analog Tv card (sorry no Sat available) providing it has WDM drivers support. There is only a few cards wich are not compatible with K!Tv such as MPEG streamed hard encoding cards (PVR series and some USB2 cards).
A brand new version of K!Tv will be out soon (a few days...) and will work with more tv cards than the actual 2.0.0.0.
K!Tv, its website and its help file will be available in many languages : French (of course because it's a French software), English, German, Italian... thanks to many translators :D

Nota : K!Tv recording plug-in (Zoomout) supports time-shifting even for non-hardware time-shifting capable cards ;)
The Real Mc Coy