Categorize videos by year

Speak your mind

Categorize videos by year

Postby Axalotaqs on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:34 am

I've been playing with Xlobby for a couple weeks now and was able to make a button on the main menu for "Home Videos". However, I need to have them displayed in one level of folders (named 2001, 2002), and then the videos can be together as in "My Movies".

I have tried for a couple hours.. thinking I needed to just make a "video entry" screen that would then display each year... then clicking on a year would bring up all the videos for that year.

Or... should I make a database for each year??

Thanks.. decided I should ask before I mess up my skin and watch the minutes fly by without my desired result. Thanks in advance.
Axalotaqs

Re: Categorize videos by year

Postby dalanik on Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:37 pm

Just one DB should be enough, just put videos in sub-folders and then check "use directory structure" in XLobby setup...
dalanik

Postby Axalotaqs on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:18 am

Sounds simple... but where do I check "use directory structure"? I'm not being lazy... I've looked... I clicked every option screen.. browsed Xlobby sites in French and English. I really wish there was something I could print out (like Colby's stuff) and take to my HTPC to program... or sit down an study for an hour or two. Anyways, help is appreciated with this seemingly really simple question. ;)
Axalotaqs

Postby lpg on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:19 pm

In F2 setup go to where you import movies. In the lower left of the screen you will see a number of radio buttons. One of them is use folder structure. This assumes you have selected the movies template and the modies database.
lpg

Postby cinOxen on Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:40 pm

You two sure this wasn't in an old version of xlobby? I don't see the option either.
cinOxen

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:48 pm

It's there, when you select the Import Type to id3, you get the Use Directory Structure under ID3 Options. Not sure if id3 is what you want to use for videos or not...depends if you have tagged them maybe?

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby dalanik on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:48 pm

Sorry, it's different wording :-) if you create new template for videos, add extensions for wanted files (i have mpg,avi,mov,divx,wmv,rm), coverart is (jpg,jpeg,bmp,gif), and name template i.e. "videos". import type as "custom", then there is option FOLDER->container...

That should work, it works for me :-)

D.
dalanik