Remote Wonder - Xlobby plugin Beta testers needed

Help each other out

Postby wmandra on Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:24 pm

:D Thanks, I'll update the Doc. I didn't even notice it, I guess that's why we release betas. :wink:

BTW, I'm working on testing for A40, I'm hoping to have things ironed out in a day or two.

Bill
wmandra

Postby wmandra on Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:07 am

Ok, I just sent out Beta 4 of the plugin which now works with Xlobby A40. I am planning on a public release by the end of the week.

Bill
wmandra

Postby noviceboy on Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:18 pm

Bill

had the chance to finally use your plugin in anger. Excellent work. Seems more responsive than a girder set up.

Is it possible to be able to use the TV,DVD etc and POWER buttons? I know these are special but I saw that web launch was available and I could use it.

Would like to use them to launch to specific screens/ areas.

I like to keep the CDE and F buttons for paging and scrolling functions, so prefer not to use these.
noviceboy

Postby arkania on Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:50 am

Bill,

Any word on a public release? I'd love to give this a try instead of using girder.

Thanks,

Gary.
arkania

Postby noviceboy on Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:14 am

Bill,

It would also be nice to be able to assign an event to the ATI RW repeatKey, for at least the following keys:-

Fwd, REW,PLAY,Cham UP/Down,Pause
noviceboy

Postby orto on Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:23 pm

Hi guys,

Have you checked out TotalHomeRemote?
http://www.hometheatercomputer.net/thr/

Version 2.0 of THR was released this week and now has full support for RemoteWonder. I am the creator of this software and it was designed to be extremely easy and versatile for users to configure.
There is a free 21 day trial version available to download.

regards,
Orto
orto

Postby noviceboy on Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:43 pm

@orto or is really Mike?

What was the bullet list of features your software delivered?

The particulary good thing about Bills software is the supprt for virtual key layouts( inside an application) . This can be controlled via xlobby via a send message, which makes the whole thing simple but very powerful.

How does your software deal with multiple layouts and switching between them?.
noviceboy

Postby mike74 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:38 pm

Hi noviceboy,

Found this from tracking web traffic. No, I am not orto. He is the developer of the THR application. I have no programming skill at all.

http://www.hometheatercomputer.net/thr.html gives a brief overview of the software. The link orto posted is the online help file.

I'll leave the tech to the creator.
mike74

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:09 am

I haven't been following this thread to closely, but I am thinking of buying a remote control for my htpc now....and those ati X10 RF remotes look pretty cool. Keeping with the current xlobby theme of having everything built in....I think I could easily expand IR plugin section for the ati remote.

But I'm trying to think is there is any good reason just too keep it as a seperate application like wmandra did... or the THR app. I have to admit I haven't tried either app.
stevenhanna6

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:52 am

after talking with matt about this in the irc, I have decided it will be in my best interest just to let the end users make their own plugins/apps....there are just way too many other remotes to think about. So I will release the information on how to write your own xlobby ir plugin....then you can use whatever remote you want within xlobby....or use an external app....its up to you. wmandra email me if you want...and I will write up some details on how the usbuirt plugin works....I could send you the c++ code too if you want.
stevenhanna6

Postby Twit on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:06 am

Steven,

I think you should consider a plug in for the uirt2 as well, for all those people (like me) who stay on the other side of the world and can not get hold of the usbuirt.

The uirt2 is a build yourself reciever. In fact the usbuirt developed from this.

http://www.fukushima.us/UIRT2

Later
Simon.
Twit

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:18 am

twit, i'll see what I can do i guess you can test it if I write one...I dont have a UIRT2....can you find me some source code to go off of?
stevenhanna6

Postby arkania on Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:33 am

Bill,

Any update on the ATI plugin? I'm dying to try this out.

Gary.
arkania

Postby wmandra on Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:44 am

Sorry for all the delays guys, I just got back from my vacation in Mexico, so I am a bit out of the loop an everything (just trying to catch up now). I will have the public release available in a day or two. Thanks for your patience.

Bill
wmandra

Previous