Current status of syncing buttons with thin client screens

Speak your mind

Current status of syncing buttons with thin client screens

Postby scottw on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 pm

Just so I make sure I am caught up.

I want to be able to "sync" certain button between my XL server and thin clients and I don't believe you can yet.

Global Toggle button was asked for by Marbles here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5060
which is exactly what I am tring to do.

So as it stands (using a Thin Client), you cannot use a "Set Button Text", "Set Button State" or a "Show/Hide Button" and have it reflected on the main XL server, correct? Even the shuffle and mute buttons or do they work?

Thanks, I just want to make sure I am caught up :D
scottw

Postby cmhardwick on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:17 pm

This is similar to what I'd like to do with one screen between server and thick clients. My home auto system updates my server and I'd like the button states to be reflected on the thick client screens as well without having to send the info to that system as well from the HA system. And it's just ONE screen I'd like synced.
cmhardwick

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:25 am

Yeah, I saw this post, and I quickly just tried it all again. I even tried mimic, and though it would change screens, and even toggle repeat and shuffle both on PPC and server together, special toggles had no effect.

I may try some other things on the top of my head, when I get a chance.
Marbles_00

Postby scottw on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:01 am

Yeah I thought of Mimic also but had no luck. So repeat and shuffle don't work, oh well. I sat here last night and tried so many different tests just to see if I could find a workaround. If I could get this working it would be so sweet.

Let me know if you find anything.
scottw