Moving xLobby

V3 help and support questions

Moving xLobby

Postby Bill Lott on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 pm

I'd like to move my xLobby programs from the current drive (external) to the main drive (C:/program files (x86). I thought I could just easily copy the sub directory from one drive to the other.

The media player screen show a blank screen. I select a movie and then click on play but I just get a blank screen. I get the sound, but no picture. I've tried the above process several times. Works perfectly if I run xLobby from the external drive. What am I missing?
Bill Lott

Re: Moving xLobby

Postby samsonlov on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey Bill,
Please answer some questions about your setup:
What version of windows are you running?
What version of xLobby are you running?
What xLobby "programs" are you using?
What player are you using for movies?
What plugins are you using?
Did you try running a "default" installation from c:\program files?
We may be able to use this info to help you get things working properly.
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:54 am

i'll assume win7 because of the x86 directory.

when i move to a new machine, first i'll do a default xl install, then take the skin i am using on the old machine and copy it over to the new one.
as long as you have all the same programs installed, you should be fine. what programs are you trying to move?
billberet

Postby Bill Lott on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Not sure I still have a default xLobby configuration. I have several "backups" but all have been modified.

Using Windows 7 x64, latest cutting edge xLobby, using the internal players, and only a couple plugins - USB-UIRT, xSeer, DVDcopy.

Everything works as expected except the movie playback picture. This happens even if I use the default skin.... Audio is fine but no picture when I try to play from c:/ drive. quite strange.
Bill Lott

Postby lar282 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Bill Lott wrote:Not sure I still have a default xLobby configuration. I have several "backups" but all have been modified.

Using Windows 7 x64, latest cutting edge xLobby, using the internal players, and only a couple plugins - USB-UIRT, xSeer, DVDcopy.

Everything works as expected except the movie playback picture. This happens even if I use the default skin.... Audio is fine but no picture when I try to play from c:/ drive. quite strange.

I assume it's the same machine and not a new machine?

Try to move XL directory out of program files (x86) and to the root of c: drive instead. ( c:\xlobby\ )
UAC on or off?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Bill Lott on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Making progress, clean install works on drive c with default screen. Copying my skin (that works on drive j) to drive c doesn't. Guess I will have to copy small parts over until I find the issue
Bill Lott

Postby billberet on Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:43 pm

don't forget to try what we discussed, change the movie directory path to the shared path, not literal

literal: c:\directory\movies
share: \\sharename\movies
billberet