Creating new events. V3 (or, 2days is enough!)

V3 help and support questions

Creating new events. V3 (or, 2days is enough!)

Postby Jay on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm

I'm playing catch-up.
I've gotten my audio and video sorted and it's time for new screen and events.

I have created a new page and I want to create a new event, >skins>'goto newpage' in the xlobby command group. This will be dragged and dropped into a nav button which I understand.

I must be out of sequence. I've been assuming you open Event Manager and select the 'goto' group in the left panel. You create the 'goto newpage' event in the right panel. Then what? If I hit 'test' nothing happens. If I hit 'Edit', the Event Editor pops up with Command Group 'xlobby' and the Command 'goto newpage' highlighted and nothing else - other than the event path and the event name which are correct.

This is embarassing :oops:
Jay

Re: Creating new events. V3 (or, 2days is enough!)

Postby billberet on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:50 pm

when you created your event, did you drag that event onto the event section of the button properties.
remember once you create your event, you still have to drag that event onto the button used to call that event.
go into the element properties of that button, and go to event tab. that is where you drag your event.

there are 3 parts,
first the EVENT EDITOR (toolbox) to create your event,
second the EVENTS (toolbox) section will display your event group with the events created by the event editor
third is ELEMENT PROPERTIES of the button used to add the event to the button

when you test your event and nothing is happening, then something must be mispelled, make sure your calling the correct page.
I don't have my xlobby in front of me, i'm going off of memory, but i think i'm close.
billberet

Postby Jay on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks Bill. I'll check. this is prob the heart of our IR/onkyo mayhem too.
Jay

Postby Jay on Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:59 pm

N.G.

I think EVENTS is where you create the event. The EVENT EDITOR just shows the command group and command. Right now, Event Editor's event path and event name are stuck as 'test'.
I looked very carefully at my screen file name and my goto name. They matched but I shortened both of them and restarted XL. Before that, Event Editor showed xlobby as path and goto screen as command.

Maybe this is what's going on. In Xl2, you'd select the event group (goto) add an event (called whatever) then select the event path (xlobby) and finally you'd add an argument (the exact screen name). Has the final step been eliminated and the goto event must be exactly the same as the screen name? If so, that's what I've been trying to do as I see no separate field for the screen name.
Attachments
onkyo4.jpg
Jay

Postby billberet on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 am

Here's a silly question,
did you go into the event editor, and drag the event to the right so it displays as an event?
just as it shows in the picure above.

take the command and drag it to the right
billberet

Postby Jay on Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:30 pm

Finally. Thanks for your perseverance. I was getting a bit incoherent toward the end last night!
Jay