How to control Xlobby via IR (with girder)

Speak your mind

How to control Xlobby via IR (with girder)

Postby Torsten on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:39 pm

Hi forum,

I am new to Xlobby but think that I find my way through (so far) 8)

What I would like to do is, to run Xlobby without a keyboard on my HTPC and control it with IR commands via girder.

So far, girder is working well on my HTPC and I could find a Xlobby plugin called "XRemote" which I installed in the plugin folder of Xlobby. After doing so, Xlobby does not start any more. So, I could not try out this plugin what looked so promising to me.

Does anybody have a clue or a work-around for me? To make it more clear, here is what I would like to do:

1. Send a IR code with my remote
2. Receive the IR code by girder
3. Make girder to press an individual button on my Xlobby skin (and I have about 20 buttons within my skin).

Point 1. is done, my Xlobby skin is done, so "only" the girder -> Xlobby transaction is what I am struggling with.

Thanks

Torsten

P.S. I use the "IRman" with girder, so I think the uirt would not be an option for me.
Torsten

Postby C-moi on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:23 pm

did you read this tutorial ?
http://france.xlobby.com/xremoteus.htm
C-moi

Postby badubo on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:28 pm

take the last xlobby binaries :
http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.exe
you need also to install .NET 2.0
badubo

Postby Torsten on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 am

Thank you C-moi for posting the link to the tutorial. It has escaped me, now I will work through the tutorial first.

Badudo, thank you for your hint. Without the latest xlobby binaries, xlobby did not start on my PC.

Now (for so far it seem good. Thanks, great help in this forum. I appreciate :D :D

Best regards

Torsten
Torsten

Postby Torsten on Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi Ho,

so, with C-moi's and Badubo's help I got it working. But only a little bit, I am somewere stuck.

I have exported the *.gml file for girder (I work with girder for years, so, when it comes to girder I know what I am doing (more or less... :) ) and learned the IR codes.

Some commands work like a charm, other commands (learned of cause !) do not show any effect.
To trace this, I have put girder in the foreground and tried to trigger the command by pressing "F5", but also this does not show any effect on several commands (clicking on the bottom of the skin in xlobby works!). In some cases girder reported "can not find window..".

Since I am new to xlobby and the xremote plugin I tried not to do something wired in the first place, so I just use about 10 commands and have set the event into the default column in order to minimize the risk of creating errors. Also I do not make use of the "shift" (toggle) thing.

Summary:
Some commands work, others fail and I do not find the cause.

Any help or hints are highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Torsten