Xlobby always on top during movie playback with Zoom Player

Help each other out

Xlobby always on top during movie playback with Zoom Player

Postby jlr2000 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:43 pm

Anyone experience this? I didn't seem to have this issue with the older versions of XL, but now that I have the most recent when I select a movie it seems to start it, but then Xlobby becomes the topmost focused app again. Zoom Player plays but in the background, if I minimize XL there is the movie. Seems like the only way I can get ZP to get focus is to check the setting in ZP "Playing new content moves the playback window to the top", but even with that I get a default windows sound effect at the start of each movie (annoying and not sure why it's there).

Can anyone with a solid XL/ZP setup please share their settings? This wasn't that difficult before so I feel like something has changed in either ZP or XL ( I have tried both 4.5 and 5.0 of ZP, I bought it). I'm also trying to get it setup on 2 different machines, with the same results in both locations.

Any thoughts or direction is appreciated.

Thanks.
jlr2000

Re: Xlobby always on top during movie playback with Zoom Player

Postby lar282 on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:00 pm

open zoomplayer
right click
choose "Stay On Top"
save settings
close zoomplayer

now try it

//Lasse
lar282

Postby Lurvig on Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 am

Hi,

I've the same problem like jlr. Have somebody found a solution what happend?
Lasse's tip if've tried, but ZP will come short time in foreground and move direktly in backround.

Thanks,

Andreas
Lurvig

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:52 pm

Try sendfocus.exe. It's a small utility program that will set the focus to whatever item is in the taskbar. On movie launch, add a command to wait for the amount of time for xlobby to gain focus on you, add an extra second or two, then have a os:command with the argument to fucus on zoomplayer.

You may miss a second or two of the opening credits (mainly the producing company logo/ad), but this may solve your problem.
Marbles_00

Postby jlr2000 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:03 pm

jlr2000 wrote:Seems like the only way I can get ZP to get focus is to check the setting in ZP "Playing new content moves the playback window to the top", but even with that I get a default windows sound effect at the start of each movie (annoying and not sure why it's there).

So here's my low tech solution: I changed the default windows sound effect to "none". Since this is a dedicated HTPC it's really not something that is missed at all. It's just strange because I didn't have to do that before. So I checked the setting above and removed the default windows sound effect to none and it plays as expected.

Thanks.
jlr2000

Postby Lurvig on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi,

thanks. I think sendfocus could solve this issue but can you explain me how I've to use this tool, please?

Greats
Lurvig