How do you make a button?

Help each other out

How do you make a button?

Postby nakins on Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:01 am

Can someone point me to something that tells how to make a button? I just want to turn on my amp with girder.
Thanks
nakins

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:25 am

you just have to open the skineditor, this can be done through the help menu, then select a screen to put it on, and add a button....I believe its "screen" then....select a button from the list...then "add button". Now you should have a new button on your screen (top left corner), click on it, and edit away...or move it around...or resize it....you get the idea.
stevenhanna6

Button enter/leave and button down state

Postby smallangryboy on Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:20 pm

Hi all

I'm new to this and a mere graphic artist not a coder, so please bear with me.

I have imported some buttons onto a page, but wish to change the graphic when the cursor goes over them and back to the original when the cursor leaves [on enter and on leave behaviour when I'm doing HTML] how do I manage this in X Lobby? I also want an 'on click' state so that the button will swap to a third graphic and back to the original when the button is clicked.

cheers in advance

SAB
smallangryboy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:24 pm

take a look into the "buttons" folder for the skin, you will see pretty much every button is made up of 3 states like you described. You should be able to recognize the format I've used by looking in that folder.
stevenhanna6

Postby smallangryboy on Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:49 pm

Thanks I'll have a look
smallangryboy