Xlobby LCARS Skin - WIP comments welcom and a few questions

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Xlobby LCARS Skin - WIP comments welcom and a few questions

Postby vambo on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:06 pm

Hi all
Been laid up sick for afew days so decided to have a play creating my frist xlobby skin. It's based on the Start Trek LCARS displays (being a bit of a sad trekie)
Would welcome any feed back (good and bad) - I've only had Xlobby for just over a week now and still finding my way round , so be gentle :)
Also got a couple of questions
1) I know this has been asked before and i understand the button-enter and button-down stuff but ow do you get the swich buttons (open, play, add) etc to stay in the cliked colour like in the default skin when they stay green
2) Is it possible to add a button to move the hilight box, i know you can move it with the arrow keys on your keyboad but i want this to work purely on a touchscreen
3) Does the news screen work?
4) How do you add website buttons to the web browser screen, i tried in the skin editor but it does zip. Is this somthing thats coming latter
5) Anyone know a good source for weather pictures for the UK, weather.com is a bit sparse outside of the USA

ok some screen grabs - these are from the working skin as of today

vambo

Re: Xlobby LCARS Skin - WIP comments welcom and a few questi

Postby Arthur on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:16 pm

vambo wrote:1) I know this has been asked before and i understand the button-enter and button-down stuff but ow do you get the swich buttons (open, play, add) etc to stay in the cliked colour like in the default skin when they stay green

It is not possible to change this nor can you make other buttons which act this way. :(

Arthur
Arthur

Postby Colby on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:21 pm

as of today there is no custom switches, but its on steves list.
Any of the switches that already exist (ie. add, play, shuffle, repeat..) can be edited if you want though they need an ID to work, as you can see.

you can use a general switch and change text if you need to.
Colby

Postby vambo on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:58 pm

Though so thanks for the info
I see the nevr version with the weather plugin may answer the weather question
and if you cant see the screen grabs there at
http://www.geocities.com/t595_gmd/Xlobby_LCARS.html
vambo

can you post a link for download?

Postby musicthebee on Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:09 pm

I am interested in trying this skin as I think it would be a great one for carputer. Could you please post a link for downloading it?

Thanks
musicthebee

no problem

Postby vambo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:09 pm

kind of got stalled on completing this - but my new PDA arrives soon so I will have to finish the PPC (PADD) screens then I'll get it set to download
vambo