Jowaldo's Skin 4.2 - UPDATED 02/08/05 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby QTips on Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:20 pm

Even if xlobby has a green button in setup it isn't always the latest .exe
I had the very same problem but when I got the latest exi...it worked ?

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

Awsome work you put in your skin Jowaldo,this is just great !
QTips

Postby DeanB on Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:43 pm

Yep - clicked like a madman, but nothing stuck.

No preview appeared at the bottom....

How new a version of the .exe is required - mine is a week old or so.

Dean.
DeanB

Postby QTips on Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:45 pm

a week is oooold here :)
QTips

Postby DeanB on Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:26 pm

Thanks QTips, downloaded latest exe and all is well :)

Top skin Jowaldo !!!

Dean.
DeanB

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:14 pm

DeanB wrote:Thanks QTips, downloaded latest exe and all is well :)

Top skin Jowaldo !!!

Dean.

Yeah it requires the very latest exe..
jowaldo

WOW! It just gets better and better

Postby Bill Lott on Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:21 am

This skin look GREAT on my touchpad in the kitchen running the "fat" client!

Thanks again for your hard work - the styles are really a cool feature.

Is there a way to display the "Current Temperture" on the weather page and on the main menu?

Also on the forecast screen for the first day displayed there seems to be 2 "highs and lows". One set of them overlaps the "weather display icon". They also have different temperatures.

I'm seeing a couple errors on the client screens that are working OK on the server. The slideshows are not changing images on the client machine. I am not able to access the interenet on the client - I'm getting a blank screen. Also, on the client only, I'm not able to see the letters ("A,B,C..") within the radio buttons on the music and movie screens. They are visible however on the slideshow overlay.

If possible, I would love to talk to you about your skin (I'd like to do some personalization to it). Please send me an email (mailto:lease4u@bellsouth.net) with your phone number and the best time to call.

Thanks again!!
Bill Lott

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:59 am

Bill,

Just sent ya an email :)
jowaldo

Postby tka on Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:21 am

Jowaldo,

Thanks again for a great skin!

I do have a few minor issues and suggestions though:

In "Music", when you tick "Open", then click on an album, then click on an album on the left hand side, you get an 3 empty boxes on the left hand side, each with a track title. Now if you hit close, you get a full page of (no album covers) cd's with one track each and a large "X" button. The only way to get out of this and display the album covers again is to go to "Search Music" and hit "Reset". Is there any good reason for this behaviour or could you change this in a further release?

Again, in the "Music" screen, when you execute a search, you then have to go back into "Search Music" to hit "Reset" to see all albums again. Would it be possible to add a button on the main "Music" page to do this reset, called something like "Show all albums" in order to make this a little more intuitive? If not, can you give me some pointers how I would do this?

On the "Weather" screen, in "Forecast", there seems to be a leftover from another screen on the first forecast day: On the left hand side of the light yellow rectangle, partly hidden under the day, there is a red/blue high/low indicator (but it seems to indicate the same temperature across all different locations, so it's not linked to the location on the screen.

I tried to change the color of the buttons (via the help screen), but as soon as i click on one of the colors or backgrounds, xlobby shuts down and when i restart it, it uses the same colors as before. Is this a specific issue with my installation?

Many thanks and please keep up the great work!

Thomas[/img]
tka

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:45 am

About the two music issues, I'll take a look and try and get back to you tommorow on that.

About the weather forecast page, I'm not quite sure what you mean. There shouldn't be any yellow rectangles, if there are its probably because something is wrong with the xoap weather plugin (note: my skin doesn't use xweather anymore)

Do you have the xoapweather plugin and images set up?

You can get the plugin here
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1894

And the images which go in you plugins/xoapweather/images folder can be downloaded here
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/5215175/

If you do have all that setup already, could you post a screenshot of what it looks like?

About the button styles page making xlobby close, are you sure you have the latest exe found here?

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby.zip
jowaldo

Postby tka on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:49 pm

On the "weather" issue, no idea why I wrote yellow, i meant the light blue rectangle fore each daily forecast. In the top rectangle (forecast for tomorrow) i get what looks like a high/low forecast (in red and blue) on the left hand side of the rectangle, partly under the day label (e.g. Thursday for tomorrow). It's not the same temperature as any of my locations, but i am not sure if it actually is updating, will look again tonight. i have the plugin installed and it appears to be working correctly. I also re-installed it to make sure and it is still there. Will try to post a screenshot tonight.

On the buttons, installed the newest update 2 days ago, will do it again tonight just to make sure and try again.

Thanks for looking at the Music issues.
tka

Postby tka on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:36 am

Here's the screenshot:

[img]C:\Documents and Settings\TKA\My Documents\My Pictures\Weather.jpeg[/img]
tka

Postby tka on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:39 am

Ok, this didn't work. Could somebody please tell me how to post an image?
tka

Postby jowaldo on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:59 am

You have to upload the image somewhere (this board does not have an upload section) online, then post the url to the image.
jowaldo

Postby tka on Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:14 am

Jowaldo,
Here's the screenshot for the weather page, look on Thursday:

Did you get a chance to look at the music issues?

Many thanks

Thomas
tka

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:20 am

tka wrote:
In "Music", when you tick "Open", then click on an album, then click on an album on the left hand side, you get an 3 empty boxes on the left hand side, each with a track title. Now if you hit close, you get a full page of (no album covers) cd's with one track each and a large "X" button. The only way to get out of this and display the album covers again is to go to "Search Music" and hit "Reset". Is there any good reason for this behaviour or could you change this in a further release?

Again, in the "Music" screen, when you execute a search, you then have to go back into "Search Music" to hit "Reset" to see all albums again. Would it be possible to add a button on the main "Music" page to do this reset, called something like "Show all albums" in order to make this a little more intuitive? If not, can you give me some pointers how I would do this?

On the "Weather" screen, in "Forecast", there seems to be a leftover from another screen on the first forecast day: On the left hand side of the light yellow rectangle, partly hidden under the day, there is a red/blue high/low indicator (but it seems to indicate the same temperature across all different locations, so it's not linked to the location on the screen.

The first issue with the music open page... its fixed now.

The second one about the search page, I worked out something reallllly cool that works very conveniently. I'll post it soon.

Fixed the weather forecast page too.. didn't realize I still had some text boxes for the xweather plugin on that page. It looked different to me because I didn't have it installed, so nothing was showing up on the skin itself. I am somewhat temped to go back to the xweather plugin, because I am having some issues with the xoap one, especially for some of the ppc weather screens.

What resolution are you running xlobby at? I'm curious because the fonts look somewhat offset and smaller than it should be.
jowaldo

PreviousNext