Meedio dead

Speak your mind

Meedio dead

Postby Atlas on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:09 pm

Atlas

Postby Marbles_00 on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:20 pm

I wonder if this means a massive increase in membership for Xlobby coming up. Steven....get ready.
Marbles_00

Postby m_masta on Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:30 pm

Reading on the meedio boards, they are steering toward MediaPortal it seems. I don't think enough people know about Xlobby.
m_masta

Postby fredw on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:50 pm

just goes to show ypu what a brick wall GREED can be. i was a early myhtpc user and would have happily switched to meedio but i run 4 machines right now and plan to add 4 more to the system..... having to buy a seperate meedio for every machine would really have sucked not to mention buying evey damn module to make it work... pablo kept promising to keep myhtpc free then the all mighty buck hit him square in the chops. i really like xlobby and would be happy to pay for a fully working version of it nobody begrugs payment for all the hard work put into these programs but nobody wants to be taken for a ride either.

fred
fredw

Postby dalanik on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I wonder if this means a massive increase in membership for Xlobby coming up. Steven....get ready.

I wonder if that would be a good thing... can you imagine hundreds of new users (key word in the sentence! :) asking questions... with subjects like "I need help!" :-) Uhhhhh....

:-)
dalanik

Postby jowaldo on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:16 pm

yeah i noticed that earlier too.. should be very interesting.
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:49 pm

I welcome any new meedio converts. I think xlobby is a superior program, the more brains involved the better it may become. As for newbie help threads, we should document better, then we dont have to respond a million times.
Colby

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:46 am

I agree with Colby, more poeple involved could be good. Who knows, they (meaning meedioites) may bring some fresh ideas. I just hope Steven is ready, I mean, at times I wonder how he can handle all the things he is doing right now with all the upgrades/fixes/support he offers. I take my hat off to him for everything he does.

Not meaning to drive the knife in further, I wonder if Mr. Kelm feels different about others using his skin idea now (we all know what I'm talking about), since one day, all his work (and he did do a pretty good job), could all fade away in the wind. :?:

Cheers :!:
Marbles_00

Postby jfireluv on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:15 pm

I totoally agree with U. Users do not mind paying for a product. But all the other companies want to nickle and dime to death, extra to watch TV, take the interface we give U. Then what makes it most sad is the warning the users of Meedio were given. Oh by the way, I took the money and ran, be happy with no more meedio and your updates will no longer update.

fredw wrote:just goes to show ypu what a brick wall GREED can be. i was a early myhtpc user and would have happily switched to meedio but i run 4 machines right now and plan to add 4 more to the system..... having to buy a seperate meedio for every machine would really have sucked not to mention buying evey damn module to make it work... pablo kept promising to keep myhtpc free then the all mighty buck hit him square in the chops. i really like xlobby and would be happy to pay for a fully working version of it nobody begrugs payment for all the hard work put into these programs but nobody wants to be taken for a ride either.

fred
jfireluv

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:42 am

See what happens when I stop using Meedio? It gets bought up!

LOL
Looks like I switched just in time!
a06lp

Postby analogroaming on Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:44 pm

I'm actually brand new to XLobby and I'm looking at using it to replace my meedio setup. I'm liking what I see so far... there just needs to be more tutorials and stuff written. And that's what I do... so I'll see what I can come up with.
analogroaming

Postby m_masta on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:09 pm

analogroaming wrote:I'm actually brand new to XLobby and I'm looking at using it to replace my meedio setup. I'm liking what I see so far... there just needs to be more tutorials and stuff written. And that's what I do... so I'll see what I can come up with.

I like this guy already :D
Welcome!
Saw your post about X-10 integration as well, I'm gonna have to look into getting some X-10 gear now.
m_masta

Postby a06lp on Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:37 pm

analogroaming wrote:I'm actually brand new to XLobby and I'm looking at using it to replace my meedio setup. I'm liking what I see so far... there just needs to be more tutorials and stuff written. And that's what I do... so I'll see what I can come up with.

Take a look at the link in my sig. As a meedio migrator myself, you may find some of my info useful. :)
a06lp

Postby Fab70 on Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Marbles_00 wrote:I wonder if this means a massive increase in membership for Xlobby coming up. Steven....get ready.

This is exactly my situation... I was just able to download Meedio and was ready to buy the program, when suddenly Yahoo decided to buy the program and close it down.

I found an article on an Italian Magazine (PC Professionale) talking about some non-Windows Media Center.. I the article they mentioned Xlobby as an interesting server-client application, highly custumizable, that requires some manual configuration.. so here I'm!

This is my first message, so congraturation to Steven for the excellent work!!!! I really think it's a wonderfoul program, even if there are some things under development!!

In the future I can use Xlobby for commercial pourpose (I'm starting a new activity), but for the time beeing I'll do a small donation!

Ciao
Fab70
Fab70

Postby Evander on Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:19 pm

This is my situation too. I used myHTPC for 1 year, so I migrated to Meedio and wrote 3 plugins for my personal use. Meedio is (or was) a great software (rest in peace)...
I knew XLobby in 2005, but the main web page didn't say how powerful it is. Now I know that XLobby will fill almost all of my needs.
My first step will be recreate my plugins. The first one will be a plugin to control DScaler. Where can I get SDK Specification?

Sorry my bad english :wink:
Evander

Next