Newbie troubles with album art

Help each other out

Newbie troubles with album art

Postby mnguy on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:50 am

I have spent a few hours and now i've thrown in the towel. How do I activate the album art program for my albums and what screen do I need to be in to do it. I am so excited about this program but I'm having a hard time getting the ball rolling. Please help.
mnguy

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:54 am

I've posted this in another forum, but I believe (I could be wrong) that the coverart feature wast working very well in the last alpha due to changes on the websites it uses to grab them. Try out the new alpha tester (*in a spooky voice* If you dare*/end spooky voice* :) ) and check out the new way of doing it with use of spiders and such. Good luck!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby mnguy on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:07 am

and how do i go about doing that? I'm really new to the htpc world and the front end software. I've been doing this stuff the old fashioned way for a while now and love the idea of simplifying the process.
mnguy

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:11 am

As are we, xlobby can be overwhelming at first, but with a little patience and finesse it'll turn out to be your best friend. In order to get the new alpha tester you can download it from the announcements section of this forum, but be ware, if you are overwhelmed with xlobby now, the new alpha might be alittle to much for you, any questions you may have keep asking on here, the regulars are more then willing to help you out. Good luck.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby mnguy on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:15 am

hey thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i'm in process of researching the best front end software and this one seems like it has everything I would ever want. I just need to become more familiar with it.
mnguy

Postby mattdisaster on Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:20 am

Thats probably the hardest part, is getting familiar with it and seeing what it can really do. Steven is also awesome at adding features if requested and worth it, as well as giving support to you when you really need it. Hope to see you around here more. heh. Good luck.

-matt
mattdisaster