DOWNLOAD ColbySkin 2.0

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

COLBYSKIN2

Postby Colby on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:28 am

I uploaded my newer version of my skin. If you have been having problems with my skin you will definately want this new one, its been completely overhauled.

Some of the changes include;

General:

everything is updated for resource mannager.
added sounds as sound resources.
optimized it to load faster
realigned whole skin layout.
created dozens of new event sets.
larger buttons for my touchscreen
made more stuff work

Screens:
new splash screen
trimmed down main menu.
overhauled finished and updated photo page.
created games menu
added info for games menu
new layout for game pages
added new gametracks overlays
worked on future zone support
weather page converted to xoapweather
new radio page in progress
new radio graphics in progress
tv page with epg
new graphics for epg
new arrow buttons
new selector, back folder and top images
new album tracks overlay
spider support
revamped search overlay

download

enjoy!
Colby

Postby tivohax on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:38 am

Very cool.

I like new splash screen.

Any chance you can add the webcam page?

Also, I didn't see a way to access weather page...
tivohax

Postby Colby on Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:38 pm

Weather page is under the internet menu, so will web cam be. I just havent added it yet.
Colby

Postby tivohax on Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:23 pm

Sorry, JUST noticed it, but you had already replied by the time I came back to edit.

Thanks
tivohax

Postby Colby on Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:48 pm

I updated my skin, spider works now, and I added new grfx and user rating it works great!

ENJOY!
Colby

Postby pateruck on Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:24 am

Awesome skin!! I am so excited to begin using this. There is one problem (for me at least). My three televisions are 4:3, but my theater projector is 16:9 (960X540). When I use this skin on the projector, everything goes out of place. I started trying to edit the skin to look good in 16:9 and found it to be much more difficult than I thought it would be. Any advice?

Patrick
pateruck

Can't seem to load new skin

Postby anjenaire on Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:01 am

I am having trouble loading your skin (or any other skin except the default and Visual). Any known issues? I tell it to shutdown and restart with your skin and it just hangs and hangs and then it shuts down Xlobby. Do I need to edit something first?

Thanks.
anjenaire

Postby Colby on Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:50 pm

Im not sure what the problem is. Make sure you have the latest EXE from the setup menu. Also make sure the skin is in the right folder, Xlobby>Skins>ColbySkin not Xlobby>Skins>ColbySkin>Colbyskin.

What exactly happens? It loads black screens and nothing else? Does hitting f2 open the setup menu? How does it close out?
Colby

Trouble with Skin

Postby anjenaire on Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:55 pm

I have downloaded the latest version of Xlobby and Colby2 Skin. The skin is in the correct folder. I open up Xlobby and select F2 and chose the Colby2 skin from the skin tab and hit change and restart. The skin starts loading buttons, databases etc. and then hangs and then Xlobby quits. I will download the latest version and try again but I am at a lost.
anjenaire

Working Now Under Experimental

Postby anjenaire on Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:53 pm

I donwloaded the experimental version of xlobby and now I am getting the skin to work. Don't know what the issue was but one of the other skins I tried may have broken xlobby.

Two quick questions. How/where do I change the weather cam location and same for news?

Love the look of the skin. Right now just an experiment for laptop in the kitchen but hope to get full blown HTPC going at vacation home (I'd score big points with the owner if I can get everything working well).
anjenaire

Postby Colby on Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:27 pm

Two quick questions. How/where do I change the weather cam location and same for news?

Setting up the weather can be done in the setup menu under plugins. I use the xoapweather plugin so you must have that installed to configure.

THe news is simply rss feeds, I havent messed with news feeds for quite some time. I would have to research it.
Colby

Postby plaiming on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:07 pm

colby,
does your skin only work in a standard 4:3 display ratio? is there any way i could edit the skin to work on a 16:9?

thanks,
paul
plaiming

Postby tka on Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:45 am

Colby,

Great skin, thanks for all the work you put into this.

I am having a problem on the photo page: only 1 page of thumbnails shows up even though there should be about 4 or 5 pages. In the slideshow it doesn't have a problem showing the other photos, just in the overview page. at the bottom it only says "page", which presumably should be page 1 of 4 or something like that. and the forward/back arrows are there, but have no function.

Is this just a page that is not finished yet, or do you know what i am doing wrong?

Many thanks,

thomas
tka

Postby Colby on Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:19 am

Sorry about that, and thanks for pointing it out. The reason the page # doesnt work is because I changed the name of the category from pictures to photos. To fix this you must do a couple of things. But its simple enough.

1st.
open the skin editor (pause/break) and find the page number text box. Edit the the text to say category>photos>page instead of category>pictures>page that will fix the problem with the page numbers.

2nd.
the events in my event group are also referencing the category pictures where they should reference the category photos. Go to the setup menu (f2) and goto the event manager, then the photos event group and expand this group. You will see the events for next page and previous page, change the category for these 2 events to photos instead of pictures.

that should do it!
Colby

Postby tka on Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:59 am

Thanks for that, I managed to fix 2).
How do you get the edit mode for the page number text box?
tka

PreviousNext