if it would be up to u... Part II: revenge of DUD

Speak your mind

Will movie downloads dominate in the future?

Dude? reality check! theyve been dominating over a deceit by now (BTW i voted pirate party)
13%
NO, but they might replace video rentals.
13%
YES! Blu-ray will die off within a year... (and HD-DVD might re-emerge too)
No votes
YES but discs will still dominate for 5-10 years.
63%
YES but we will see 1 new disc generation before it happens (for near film like resolution)
13%
YES but we will see 2 new disc generations (2nd one for lossless)
No votes
MIGHT happen, but none of us is here to see it, so i dont really care.
No votes

Total votes : 8

if it would be up to u... Part II: revenge of DUD

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:12 pm

Ok as we all know DUDsters are pretty sorry bunch of sore losers... claming if they cant have their disc, neither can we... so time to pick up your crystal balls and see.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: if it would be up to u... Part II: revenge of DUD

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Ok i admit im not a fan of ipod... i heard all the hype and when i had change to play around one back in the day it was veery underwhelming to say atleast, i thought it was like dorkest thing ever... to be filed together with tamagoctha and be ever forgotten...

Now i just downloaded itunes for my lap, not that i was thrilled or even remotely interested, but i was curious about this podcast for PS3 game i have (burnout paradise) and it appears to me if download is for one reason or other temporarely stopped the service cant continue? i cant believe my eyes... this is the service everybody so hyped up? Judging from what i see im not just surprised theyre supposed to replace physical media, im surprised they can even remain in bussines...

I must be doing something wrong? cause otherwise i really dont see even remote possibilty this is replacing ODs for anytime soon... :lol:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: if it would be up to u... Part II: revenge of DUD

Postby lpg on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:02 pm

For Hi Res Movies to become a reality the network bandwidth will need to be increased. I know the universities are using a gigabit backbone now. I really wonder how long it will be before we see that kind of throughput to our homes.
lpg