Coverart import bug with files in one directory

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Coverart import bug with files in one directory

Postby jji666 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Greetings-

This is in reference to the latest pre-beta release. I saw a similar post however by one user a couple of years ago and there didn't appear to be any resolution so it may never have been fixed.

My music videos are organized as follows:

h:/music videos a-d/artist1 - song1 (album).mpeg
h:/music videos a-d/artist1 - song1 (album).jpg
h:/music videos a-d/artist1 - song2 (album).mpeg
h:/music videos a-d/artist1 - song2 (album).jpg

There are about 1500 video files, each with a corresponding jpeg, in this folder.

etc. The jpg thumbnails have identical filenames as the video files except for the extension. When importing a large folder (1500 music videos) the import works fine until it gets through about 400 videos and then it seems to keep importing the same thumbnail for each video for every video thereafter. Thus the first 400 have their own correct thumbnail and after that it's all the same graphic.

In the database editor the path parameter for the coverart for each music video that has the same wrong coverart all goes to this one same jpg in the folder (the 400th video), even though there are jpgs named correctly in that folder for those files. It appears to me that XL's import function cannot add a path for a graphic above a certain number of files in a directlry. If you change it manually, it works, but I have no interest in doing so since it would not re-correct if I had to re-import.

This must be fixed. Otherwise you can never have coverart for a folder with more than about 400 media files. As great as XL is, this is a fatal flaw for my usage and I'll bet others also need to be able to play some form of media from a folder containing hundreds of files. Please, tell me you can fix this -- a commercial version with this bug would be pretty problematic anyway.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
jji666

Re: Coverart import bug with files in one directory

Postby jji666 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:35 pm

In case this helps, I believe the exact number of videos thumbnails that were correctly imported before it started repeating only the same thumbnail was 435. I've been able to duplicate this and it always starts to repeat at the same thumbnail. Moreover, stopping the import and then refreshing or restarting doesn't help.
jji666

Postby wesblack on Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:42 pm

Jim,

We are looking at your problem. We will advise.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby wesblack on Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:10 pm

This type of import will be fixed and a selectable option for folders that contain multiple jpeg images on future versions of xLobby.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby jji666 on Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:51 pm

Wow that is good news. I think this type of flexibility and sophistication will help preserve XL as the most powerful HTPC front-end available. Acknowledging this sounds impatient but pointing out that I've spent 2.5 months figuring out how to get this far with XL and now I am at a bit of a standstill until the fix is implemented, is it safe to assume that the next pre-release will contain this fix?

Thanks for the response!

Jim
jji666