Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jryan1776 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:02 am

hello all. just started using this skin with xlobby and it's awesome! i'm having a little trouble though with transitions from sagetv back to xlobby.

when i put sage in standby mode, it drops out of the way leaving xlobby, but the screen stays on the xlobby screen that has all of the sage buttons on it. from there my remote won't control (i think it's still sending message commands to sage). not sure what to do and any help would be appreciated...

one more thing, to get the send message commands to work in sage and zoomplayer, i had to link all the events back to ir triggers using the (xlobby) device. is this the correct / accepted method? i seems to work fine, just didn't know if it was necessary.

thanks!
jryan1776

Postby jryan1776 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:59 pm

nevermind... i guess i wasn't sending the 'exit sage' command, i was just putting sage in standby... i'll have to rename some of the buttons on my harmony remote for ease of use...

xlobby is awesome!
jryan1776

Noob issue

Postby Critical on Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 pm

Been using sagetv since 2.2.8 and now Im up to v6. Since the music interface is still not up to par for me I decided to give xlobby a try. I have installed xlobby just fine and configured it but when I try to utilize your skin I get an error that says the eventgroup/sagetv.xml file is in use by another process when the skin is loading. Any ideas on how I can remedy this?

Thanks
Critical

Postby Naylia on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:42 am

Critical,

I've never heard of this happening, try posting in the open forum. Also try removing the xml file and see if the skin loads without it.
Naylia

Postby Critical on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:30 pm

Which xml file?
Critical

Postby Naylia on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:43 pm

the sagetv.xml file...it's one you need for control of sage, but lets see if we can get the skin to load first...it's in the eventgroups folder in the skin per your error message
Naylia

Postby Critical on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:04 pm

Sorry I took so long to respond... I was away for a while for the holidays... anyhow, I got the screen to come up :D The problem was I extracted the files to the wrong locations :( .. my next issue is that I am running this on a sage client... do I still need to make the changes to the xml files with the find and replace or has that been fixed? also .. when I click on my tv it does not switch over to SageMC , it brings up what appears to be a remote control screen with several buttons and options to control sagetv (reminds me of nielms web server remote) ... any ideas?
Critical

Postby Naylia on Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:29 am

Great...glad you got that straightened out. Yes you still need to run the find replace. XLobby flips to the 'remote' screen and wakes SageTV up when you push 'My TV'. This way if you are using a remote client/touchscreen multi monitor setup you get Sage waking up and can still see buttons, and for people with one screen the remote is just in the background behind Sage. But since you are running the client, it won't wake the client until you do the find/replace in the xml file. Let me know how it works out.
Naylia

Postby scottw on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:07 pm

Naylia,

I am trying to make a mute button for your skin. Is there anyway for you to send me one of the blank buttons (like the pause or play) so I can add to it.

If possible you can send it to swindmiller at gmail dot com

Thanks a bunch!!!
scottw

Postby jryan1776 on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:26 pm

scottw wrote:Naylia,

I am trying to make a mute button for your skin. Is there anyway for you to send me one of the blank buttons (like the pause or play) so I can add to it.

Thanks a bunch!!!

you should be able to copy/paste most of the buttons and text boxes. press the pause/break button to get into the skin editor, and you will see the new items appear in the items field.
jryan1776

Postby scottw on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:30 pm

jryan1776 wrote:
scottw wrote:Naylia,

Thanks a bunch!!!

you should be able to copy/paste most of the buttons and text boxes. press the pause/break button to get into the skin editor, and you will see the new items appear in the items field.

Thanks for the reply but I want to create a button with the mute symbol on it that does not exists in this skins button library.
scottw

Postby Naylia on Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Sadly, the creative genius behind the artwork is not my own so I don't have blank versions of the Glowing Round buttons. However some diligent work in Photoshop might get you there...or Colby might be willing to help you out, he's quite talented in the graphics department.
Naylia

Postby scottw on Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:28 pm

Naylia wrote:Sadly, the creative genius behind the artwork is not my own so I don't have blank versions of the Glowing Round buttons. However some diligent work in Photoshop might get you there...or Colby might be willing to help you out, he's quite talented in the graphics department.

Ok thanks for responding so fast. I emailed Colby to see if he can help me out.

Thanks,
Scott
scottw

Postby scottw on Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:03 pm

A friend of mine was able to make a button that I think looks good and works for me. I figured I would post it in case you or anyone else that uses your skin would like it. I got the mute image from one of Colby's buttons :D

Image Image

The direct link to the album is:
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o80/scottdw/XLobby/
scottw

Postby Colby on Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:10 pm

If you still need them I made these,
ImageImage
Have Fun.

Naylia if you ever need buttons, I still have the PSDs I made.
Colby

PreviousNext