Won't start movies

Help each other out

Won't start movies

Postby MarkBarbieri on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:48 pm

I installed XLobby. I installed TheaterTek (2.5). I also have dormant installs of ZoomPlayer and Cyberlink PowerDVD on the machine.

I set up a file type for the extensions iso,, and avi. I updated the path to Theatertek for that file extension. I set the parameters to "/AP 2 %playlist%". I enabled it and disabled all of the other file types. I added a Start Event and pointed it to the Skin|Movies|Play Movie event.

Theatertek is working just fine on the computer. I can watch any movie on the network just by double-clicking on the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

When I try to launch a ripped DVD using XLobby, it takes me to the built-in media player rather than Theatertek and it doesn't play anything. When I try to launch an AVI file in the same movie database, it still doesn't open Theatertek, but it does play with the XLobby video player.

Any ideas on how I can get it to launch TheaterTek to play my movies?
MarkBarbieri

Re: Won't start movies

Postby MarkBarbieri on Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:34 pm

I discovered the solution. The event trigger is not the "Movies->Play Movie" event. It is the "Movies->Play Movie New" event. That assumes that you want to use the internal player. If you swap the commands between the two, it will work. It would probably be cleaner to re-assign the events, but I couldn't figure out how to do that.
MarkBarbieri