Feature Request - Display Flexability and Visualizations

Got an idea, post it here

Feature Request - Display Flexability and Visualizations

Postby smarty on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:15 pm

This has been mentioned (in some part) in other areas before...

1) Xlobby still needs a music vizualization plugin/feature.

2) The visualization player should be capable of being displayed either on the main monitor, the secondary monitor or both (with event selectablity)

3) XLobby's secondary monitor selection features i.e. clone, players to show on 2nd monitor, etc. (found under the alt-F2 settings) should be event selectable.

Situations where the requested features would be nice:
1) Hardware set-up: one Xlobby computer with component output to TV 's and VGA to the touchscreens.....
-Where you have a touch screen and a big TV display in the same room. The touch screen could be searching/loading songs, while the TV display is showing a visualization. Movie control could be similair (movie displaying on big TV; movie control could be displayed on touchscreen)

2) Same hardware set-up: one Xlobby computer with component output to TV's and VGA to the touchscreens.....
-Where you have just one big TV in the living room (no touchscreens in the room), so all control is done on TV screen with the 'rf' mouse. Therefore, all the settings that you had in #1 above need to be set back to "1-display" type operation (via event selectability).

****Just some thoughts with my given hardware set-up.****
If there was another way to get the same functionality (without another full Xlobby computer), I would be interested to hear about it. My comp is a quad core, NVidea 680i LT. Video card is Nvidea 8500gt. Maybe another video card could get me the above functionality??? What about event selectability? Ideas??
smarty