gang i need help with mpc and trailers

Help each other out

gang i need help with mpc and trailers

Postby fredw on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:38 pm

ok i really can't figure this out i use mpc-hc to play my movies in xlobby but no matter what i've tried i can't get my trailer to play. its a custom one made with blender i've tried it as a bunch of differrent formats and i just can't seem to get mpc to play it ...please please help.

fred
fredw

Re: gang i need help with mpc and trailers

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 am

Can you play them via another type of media player? Windows Media Player? Winamp media Player? Theater Tek? Zoom Player? BSPlayer?

What are some of the formats you have tried to encode the video with? What codecs and filters are you trying to setup in MPC?
Marbles_00

Postby fredw on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:27 pm

i've tried every dang type of format ,right now its a mp4 i can play it with mpc and xlobby imports it but i can't get to work using stevens guide . i set every thing up the way he says but when i click on a movie it just plays the movie. i don't use a movie info screen or a player screen . set up to click on movie and mpc plays. just seems like xlobby is not passing the trailer to mpc.

thanks for the help marbles
fred
fredw

Postby Marbles_00 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Sorry about getting back to you so late, can you send the link to Steven's instructions?

Were they for the free version of xlobby or the pay version? (Which version do you have?) If for the pay version, that xlobby behaves differently than the free version, and there may lay the problem.
Marbles_00

Postby fredw on Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 pm

thanks for getting back to me marbles. heres the link for stevens inst. http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19152#19152
i'm using last free version. trailer is just a custom hometheater opener made with blender. i just want it to play before eac movie.

thanks
fred
fredw

Postby Marbles_00 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:16 pm

So your using mpc for both intro tailer and then your main movie. I haven't personally used this feature, but from reading the tutorial, Steven is defaulted to using Theatertek. Maybe the %playlist% switch in the File Types section doesn't work for mpc?

I use both Zoom Player and MPC in my Glass skin. Zoom is for DVD watching and MPC is for HD material. If I get a chance over the holidays, I'll try and set something up and see if I can get it working (it is something that I've wanted to add for the longest time, but never got around to actually doing a personal intro using Blender).
Marbles_00

Postby fredw on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:32 am

thanks marbles i think that mpc is jus not getting the right command, but i'e been unable to find any thing that works. i made a nice intro with the death star blender file even added star wars theme music. well thanks again for the help, and have a happy holiday.

fred
fredw