newbie ?s on adding events

Help each other out

newbie ?s on adding events

Postby dk on Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:27 am

I've been playing and lurking for a while now...Great app, great board. Anyway, I'm starting a skin and have my first of many questions:
I have created a button on the main (menu) page called CONTROL. I created a new page called CONTROL. Now I need to set an action for the button to call the page. This is no problem with my Web, News, Pictures, etc. pages because these actions exist. When I try to create or "add" a new action in the event manager I cant get anything to work (i.e no event will be added or "new event" will be added and I cannot rename it or adjust paramaters.

Thanks
dk

Postby oneman on Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:39 am

Welcome DK,

In the event manager click the goto folder --> click the add event button at the bottom --> your new event will be highlighted, click it one time and rename it "goto newPageName" --> with the new event still highlighted, click the command tab on the right side --> expand the xlobby commands --> select the goto command --> enter your page name at the bottom --> click the add button, your command should be added to the goto newPage event on the left... Now you have a goto event for your new page.

Go to the skin editor --> select your new button --> select the button tab, then the event tab --> assign your new goto mypage event to the button...

Hope this helps...
oneman

Postby dk on Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:35 am

Thanks for the help...

All is going smoothly now, I had a few problems when I created a new event and tried to create another one without renamining the first. Anyway I have a quick follow-up question.

I have been working with overlays and have read about the need to create two events in an action (a close overlay then a goto screen...or whatever). The only way I have been able to do this is create a new event with both commands. Is there an easier way. What I mean is that the close overlay and the goto news (for example) already exist. Once an event is added to a button, I can only remove that event or add a new event that replaces it. Would be nice to be able to add two events at once rather than create an entirely new event.

Does this make any sense?
Darren
dk