Embedding External Applications? HELP

Speak your mind

Embedding External Applications? HELP

Postby Arty13 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:30 pm

I have used XLobby for my HTPC Jukebox, but I am building a CarPC and would like to use XLobby.
I will need to embed iGuidance and PhoneControl and some others (believe they are already supported by XLobby)
I know people say make a plugin, but not sure how to, also looked at using XMoveWindow, but also want to change the buttons/controls on the application (so it is easier to read and select on a TS)
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Arty13
Arty13

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:10 pm

Cool plan man... Keep me informed... i also would like to see phonecontrol integrated xlobby so keep me posted how project goes.

Without plugin i guess only way to achieve what u r set to do is trough xmovewindow and keyboard shortcuts.

xmovewindow method prolly works fine with GPS software. I suppose it works in practise with phoco too, but thats not in spirit of xlobby, meaning that i atleast would not consider it acceptable solution. I dont think there is good way to integrate phoco without its SDK and that calls for plugin. I would be interested about it... but unfortunately, i have so many interesting plugin ideas to develop already...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Arty13 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:51 pm

Right now I am trying to decide if I want to go with XLobby or Road Runner, and I know if I go with XLobby it will be alot more work. But I have like 3 months to do my skin and work on the OS side of things :D so who knows...
Arty13

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:42 am

I use to use centrafuse... but gave it up... ill have had no time to work with carpc cause htpc is now taking all free time... but when i get back to carfront again, im facing same problem. Either road runner or lobby or mayby some new challenger. Keep us posted about project and also screenshotted with the skin if thats the way u decide to drive.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Arty13 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:20 pm

I started to look at centrafuse also.
The thing with Centrafuse and Roadrunner, skinning seems alot more work than xlobby. I am starting to fool around with things with Centrafuse right now. So far it is going slow. But I'll try to keep people posted.
Arty13

Re: Embedding External Applications? HELP

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:20 am

Arty, i suppose u r not anymore around? Cause otherwise u might be interested to know ive made huge progress about integrating phonecontrol to xlobby.

check out this thread.
P3rv3rt B3ar