Tag editor

Help each other out

Tag editor

Postby Arthur on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:58 pm

Hello,

Almost of topic, but needed for Xlobby:

In order to use the filter option from within xlobby I need a good tag editor. This is what I want it to do:
- I want to select a bunch of folders and then set the genre tab to for instance rock or cabaret (I don't want to do this one by one). Same for other items of the tag.
- Editing ape tags would be cool, but maybe I will convert alle the ape files to mp3 (suggestions for a good converter ?

Arthur
Arthur

Postby mattdisaster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:15 pm

The Tag Editor has been an idea floating around for some time now, but with all the things stevens doing to xlobby its hard to say where on the list this is. I use tag and rename now, but for things you're saying it would be much much much easier to use an internal editor of sorts.

-matt
mattdisaster

Tag Editor

Postby Yoshcoe on Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:53 pm

Try ID3-TagIT.... This is the best tag editor I've found. And free !! Really kicks A*** Guaranteed to sort out any tag issues..
Also another good tag function is MP3 Extension puts another screen in the file properties svreen on explorer.. allows for quick tag editing at a low level...

Yosh
Yoshcoe

Postby archerkit on Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:19 pm

I've used Tag & Rename for a few years. It's not free, although I like it a lot. Especially the integration of Allmusic.com, so that the cover art and stuff gets downloaded. Also supports FLAC, which is what I'll eventually be ripping to. Right now I'm re-doing all my MP3s, just to get the cover art.
archerkit

Postby Roscoe62 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:45 pm

I've only just started messing around with this last night. I also use .ape files and would like to use tags to get all the extra info in there and made available to XLobby.

I still haven't quite got the hang of it though. I've noticed that as soon as I put a tag onto one of my .ape files, XLobby no longer catches the artist or album name and files the album under "various artists" and "various albums" even when this info is included in the ape tag. X is obviously looking elsewhere for this information but I don't know where to point it to. X does give you the option to change it manually, but with a lot of albums yet to do, I figure it's better to get it working properly up front.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone have any ideas for sorting this out?

I'd really appreciate it!
Roscoe62