Movie Spider

Help each other out

Movie Spider

Postby smotta on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:31 am

Hi All,

I have had such good luck with help on this site I figure I'll throw another question your way.

I have all my movies on an external drive called "Media 1" (plain enough). I have spidered all of them for the cover and information.

Problem: I wanted to change the name of one of my folders.
When I Hit refresh on Xlobby it found the changes and brought them in - but it also left a big grey square where the old one was. I solved this by hitting "Delete DB" and re-importing. BIGGER PROBLEM! I lost all my spidered information for all my other movies. As i only have 27 movies in the HDD not a huge deal but i can see this being massive for someone with a large DB.

1.) is there a way i can clear those grey squares without re-starting?
2.) is the way xlobby saves the spidered info something the creators should look into, maybe an easier way to remove old info.

Thanks in advance!
-Sean
smotta

Re: Movie Spider

Postby joebob2006 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:24 am

i know it might be too late for that, but if not you can open the old database file with notepad and so a search-and-replace to change the path.
for example say your old path is "C:\muzak" and you renamed the folder to "music", you would want to search for every instance of "C:\muzak" and replace it with "C:\music".

you of course have to close xlobby first and then start it again afterwards, and you have to rename the folder, then change the database all before you start it again.
joebob2006

Postby smotta on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:14 pm

Thanks, certainly not a super user-friendly way to do things but it's a whole lot better than re-spidering everything.

Will keep that in mind and follow those procedures unless someone else has a more friendly set.

Thanks for the quick reply!
-Sean
smotta

Postby tswhite70 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:20 pm

In your case, the easiest thing would have been to goto F2\Databases, select you movies database and click the Edit button. Find the offending movie (the one with the old name, or no name at all) and click delete.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70