XLobby, Theatertek and introtrailers HOW?? PLEASE HELP!!

Help each other out

Postby Roscoe62 on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:18 pm

ddiv,

You might want to check out an app called DVDShrink. You can find it doing a google search or the link might even be found on this forum.

It can be used to rip the movie to HD, rip selected chapters or even certain scenes, re-edit movies (e.g. joining the 2-disc LOTR movies into one) and lots of other stuff I haven't tried yet.....and it's free!

It will let you rip pretty much anything you want from a DVD, and because it's very much a GUI based app (unlike IFOEdit) you can see what you're getting. This is the tool I'd recommend for ripping your trailers from DVD.
Roscoe62

Postby ddiv on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:27 pm

yeah I have DVDshrink, but i havent yet been able to get it to do what I want...although I dont think i tried using it to only grab the trailer. I will try tonight as it would save LOTS of time.

Thanks
ddiv

Postby smurgle on Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:51 pm

skipper wrote:How do you ( if posible ) play random trailers. Ex first one of 3 movie trailers, then one of 7 THX trailers, and finaly one of 2 DTS trailers.??

Just make 3 folders, put the three movie trailers in one, the THX in the second and the DTS in the third, then put those three folders in the random trailer paths (in backwards order that you want to watch them).
smurgle

Postby skipper on Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:44 am

Hi Smurgle

Tried that, but it plays the same selection each time. In other words it dosn't randomise, and it only pick the first intro out of a set??

Is it the structure in my setup thats wrong?

D:\DVD Intro\random1\movieintro1\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)
D:\DVD Intro\random1\movieintro2\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)
D:\DVD Intro\random1\movieintro3\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)

D:\DVD Intro\random2\thx1\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)
D:\DVD Intro\random2\thx2\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)
D:\DVD Intro\random2\thx3\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)

D:\DVD Intro\random3\DTS1\VIDEO_TS\(VTS_01_1)

In the trailerbox I then select this

D:\DVD Intro\random3
D:\DVD Intro\random2
D:\DVD Intro\random1

Is there something wrong in this??

If not, then perhaps the support for this feature has been forgotten.

Hope someone knows what to do.

Regards

Skipper
skipper

Postby smurgle on Wed Mar 17, 2004 10:56 am

Yea skipper that should work -- if it doesn't it must be a problem with the newer version of XLobby (I am not using the newest).
smurgle

Postby skipper on Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:15 pm

Perhaps this is the time to ask the father of XLobby

Thanks for all your help

Skipper
skipper

Postby ddiv on Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:02 am

Just back on the original quesitno of ripping trailers...I tried DVDshrink (roscoe) and it worked like a charm :) I could rip only the trailer from the dvd without ripping the whole thing. Tokk about 30 sec as oppsed to 15min..AND it created proper IFO files AND a VIDEO_TS folder..good little proggie if I do say so myself :P

Perfect!!

Thanks all
ddiv

Postby ddiv on Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:34 am

Ok i kinda spoe too soon...it only works if you are ripping froma dvd that has no menue structure...inother words if the vob files are all in one line like in a special features disc. If they are on the main disc in a n extras menu then when you rip it with shrink it doesnt work because dvdshrink wont let you rip just one part of a menue withhout converting it to some flat file or something..oh well
ddiv

Postby chadwolcott on Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:19 pm

My setup is playing them randomly. I have a folder with a bunch of vobs and it plays randomly when I launch a movie with zoomplayer
chadwolcott

Postby Tracie on Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:50 pm

Ok i kinda spoe too soon...it only works if you are ripping froma dvd that has no menue structure...inother words if the vob files are all in one line like in a special features disc. If they are on the main disc in a n extras menu then when you rip it with shrink it doesnt work because dvdshrink wont let you rip just one part of a menue withhout converting it to some flat file or something..oh well

It should work if you use the Reauthor feature - that's how you use Shrink to rip a "movie only", with no extras or menus.
Tracie

Postby ddiv on Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:46 pm

Tracie...I am usign the reauthor, but when you select that, if you want only one part of the disc (that isnt the movie) it wont let you. Try it and youll see what I mean. It will rip it but it will not play in TT after...and even after I created new IFOs ith IFOedit it didnt work
ddiv

Postby Tracie on Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:18 pm

ddiv,
Just checked & it works fine, both the ripping by Shrink & playing in TT. I've been using DVD Shrink for all of my Reauthoring for over a year now & I've read where lots of people are doing this with success, so I was surprised when you said it wouldn't let you. Check out this link, it's got some good info in there on how to do this:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... HX+trailer

Pay particular attention to Bob Sorel's advice - he's the ripping guru over there.
Tracie

Postby ddiv on Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:32 pm

Thanks Tracie...Ive read that post and I will try again with the dragging instead of the Adding.

Do you get the notice saying that it will compress the menue into a static file blah blah blah?

Thanks again
ddiv

Postby Tracie on Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:22 pm

Nope, it reacts exactly the same as if I was reauthoring the movie itself. Have you tried searching over on the DVD Shrink forums? Also, you may want to check that you're using one of the latest v3 of Shrink - IIRC the earlier v1 & v2 had issues with what you're trying to do. Here's the link just in case:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/forumdi ... forumid=48

Those guys over there are awesome (Dr. Shrink & ddlooping in particular) & can usually figure out your issue.

Hope that helps.
Tracie

Postby ddiv on Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:02 am

thanks ill see what i can find out!
ddiv

PreviousNext